The last upgrade gave me a lot of headaches. There was a major update of PostgreSQL 13 to 14 without any warning.
The following steps I needed to do in order to have my development environment back on track:
- To create a dump I first had to remove PostgreSQL 14 and Postgis.
- Install Postgresql13 from AUR
- Download and compile latest postgis from source against Postgresql 13.
- Connect back to my db and create a pg_dumpall of my data.
- Remove postgres13 and postgis.
- Install postgressql 14 back + postgis.
- Then initdb a new place for the db and import back the dump.
- point all config files to the new db location. In my case /data/postgresql/14
It’s solved but was definitely not smooth. Maybe because I used pacsrv but a big fat warning would be advisable during a major PostgreSQL version update.
Hope this helps anyone facing the same problem.
(I didn’t mention this but along with the postgis I also had to compile sequential-uuids and RUM-index addons)