After last big upgrade, python problems, last problem to fix

Hi,

Big upgrade general problems

After the last big upgrade to python 3.11 most of my virtual environment didn’t work anymore.

Mostly big Manjaro updates go smoothly. But some big updates give me headaches…

One example is problems with how manjaro deals with major version upgrades of postgresql [Postgres 13 to 14 upgrade not smooth]
… and now python (not even a major version upgrade)

Would it be an idea to just keep them on the system? I guess as a so called developers OS it would make sense to at least keep one last version on the system. This way I can move my code and apps between big updates without breaking anything.

Now I’m I supposed to install python 3.10 from AUR but it is weird I need to get it via AUR no?

Now to my real problem

I started to move all my python virtual environments to python3.11 and all fine now. I needed to rebuild the venv’s though, so lots of down time.

But …

One of my virtual environments still give me problems, even after rebuilding the venv’s with both python3.10 and 3.11, I’m stuck at the moment.

I’m running supervisor to run Mayan-EDMS and gunicorn does not want to start anymore in both python3.10 and 3.11.

[server bin]# supervisorctl status mayan-edms-gunicorn
mayan-edms-gunicorn FATAL can't find command '/data/mayan/44/311/bin/gunicorn --bind unix:///run/mayan/mayan.sock --env DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=mayan.settings.development --limit-request-line 4094 --
max-requests 300 --max-requests-jitter 50  --worker-class sync --timeout 240 --workers 3 mayan.wsgi'

drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 292 Apr 22 10:38 /
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 580 Jun  9 10:12 /data
drwxr-xr-x 1 mayan mayan 504 Jun 13 13:04 /data/mayan
drwxr-xr-x 1 mayan mayan 12 Jun 13 11:42 /data/mayan/44
drwxr-xr-x 1 mayan mayan 66 Jun 13 11:43 /data/mayan/44/311
drwxr-xr-x 1 mayan mayan 800 Jun 13 11:43 /data/mayan/44/311/bin

I don’t get it … as gunicorn IS at the desired location and I can start it directly but not via supervisor.

I’m sure I miss something silly but I am blind at the moment. Any tips how to debug this?

Cheers

I’m not sure, but it seems to me that it’s taking the whole line as a single command name

Do not replace your system python.
Use pyenv to manage multiple python versions for envs.

@cfinnberg I believe that’s what supposed to be used. All other celery workers started by the same supervisor in the same config are all started without problems.
@wntr I am not replacing the system python that will stay. Is there much differens between using the python310 AUR package of the pyenv? They both compile/build a version only your system.

The weird thing is if I login as the mayan user and run the command in the terminal it works.

At a glance the AUR package will install it system-wide in /usr, You get a python310 there, that is 3.10.12 currently, and it will be changed if you use an AUR handler and update. That’s it.

What if you wanted 3.10.9? Permanently. And not having it stored in a system directory.
That is the main point of pyenv.

See if permissions are correctly set.

I did. See the directory list in the OP and file list below. As gunicorn can be started as the mayan user I guess all settings are permission settings are fine.
Somehow supervisord cannot see or start gunicorn in the /data/mayan/44/311/bin dir. And the celery command IS started from within the same supervisord mayan.conf file.

$ ls -als
 4 -rwxr-xr-x 1 mayan mayan  231 Jun 12 16:14 celery
 4 -rwxr-xr-x 1 mayan mayan  234 Jun 12 16:14 gunicorn
 4 -rwxr-xr-x 1 mayan mayan  238 Jun 12 16:10 pip
 4 -rwxr-xr-x 1 mayan mayan  238 Jun 12 16:10 pip3
 4 -rwxr-xr-x 1 mayan mayan  238 Jun 12 16:10 pip3.11
 0 drwxr-xr-x 1 mayan mayan  144 Jun 12 16:14 __pycache__
 4 lrwxrwxrwx 1 mayan mayan   10 Jun 12 16:08 python -> python3.11
 4 lrwxrwxrwx 1 mayan mayan   10 Jun 12 16:08 python3 -> python3.11
 4 lrwxrwxrwx 1 mayan mayan   19 Jun 12 16:08 python3.11 -> /usr/bin/python3.11

All seams fine to me, but maybe I have a blind spot :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.