How would one go about removing multilib support? I do not have a use for 32-bit libraries, as far as I know anyway. Would it be as simple as:
$ sudo pacman -Rsc multilib-devel
Or would this be a train-wreck and I should leave well enough alone?
How would one go about removing multilib support? I do not have a use for 32-bit libraries, as far as I know anyway. Would it be as simple as:
$ sudo pacman -Rsc multilib-devel
Or would this be a train-wreck and I should leave well enough alone?
Take a system back up before you attempt this:
First you need to remove all the software that might need lib32 libraries. Such as Steam, Wine etc.
Then you remove the lib32-* packages you have left. Be aware, that this might take out some Manjaro specific meta packages, like manjaro-pulse, manjaro-alsa, manjaro-printer etc.
If that works well after a reboot, you can open /etc/pacman.conf and comment out the [multilib] section.
I successfully removed mulitilib support from three installations, they all went very smoothly.
Thank you!
Edit: I did use the pacman command above to remove the packages and it worked as expected.