Plasma 5.20 officially released

Looks very promising. :slight_smile:

:partying_face:

13 Likes

I read about that a few days ago. When will it appear on the repositories?
Since its been a while since I used Manjaro, I’m unfamiliar with such stuff at the moment.
I do like the KDE Manjaro version!

2 Likes

It’s already in unstable, maybe even in testing branch.

2 Likes

Its in both Unstable and Testing

I expect Stable will be a little while to make sure everything is smooth.

8 Likes

Yeah it’s amazing, it has so many improvements and little awesome touches here and there, I’m already playing with it in my Manjaro “testing” VM and waiting for it in our Manjaro “stable” :slight_smile:

There are some nice & important things I’m interested in in the pipeline for 5.21 as well for example:

KRunner now has an optional “keep open” feature which causes it to stay open when focus is lost, just like how the System Tray and Clock popups can (Alexander Lohnau, Plasma 5.21)

or:

Partition Manager now recognizes devices without a partition table (Andrius Štikonas, Partition Manager 4.2.0)

From here:

4 Likes

I’m new in the Manjaro community… I came from Solus, being it a rolling release too, it was a bit behind on kernel releases and it felt a bit held down by the maintainers so I made the switch. I already moved to the testing branch and the only issue I found is with the “on-screen bubbles” with both the sound and brightness. Are they still being implemented or is it something else that I might’ve broken? Manjaro is such a cool experience.

1 Like

I got plasma 20 with latest update on testing haven’t checked it yet :stuck_out_tongue:

updated KDE/5.4

update went fine with no errors. rebooted and checked the log, no new errors thrown other than few new configuration files missing i think. without going in noticed taskbar being lil different and needing some love. will be diving in newfound KDE glory later. thing just works, nothing to worry about.

kudos to the team!!!

2 Likes

They (KDE) changed them to be like this:

If you have nothing at all that probably means you need to restart, check your theme, or possibly plasma desktop cache.

1 Like

I still get the old bubbles. What should I do in order to get the new ones? Thanks.

I have been looking forward to this for soooo long.

Best of luck to devs and testers and I hope this goes smoothly.

1 Like

Has anybody noticed the “shutdown” and “reboot” options missing in the Application Launcher applet? I have the “Lock” “Log Out” and “Switch User” but can only reboot via CLI.

1 Like

I’m not on 5.20 yet, but have you checked in System Settings:arrow_down:

Workspace → Startup and Shutdown → Desktop Session → Offer shutdown options

…?

That option is already checked. Tried toggling it on and off, but it didn’t change anything.

1 Like

Are there no options to shut down or reboot on the login screen either?

All options are present on the login screen. It appears to only be the Application Launcher Applet. Another user in the testing announcement thread mentioned that removing then adding the applet would yield a fix until reboot, that doesn’t work for me.

Hmm, that sounds like it could be a policykit issue. :thinking:

Looks like the whole “System” subsection is missing, I only have the “Session”
https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/Kickoff#The_Leave_Tab

I also have 5.20 and it is working well for me so far!

1 Like

that probably means you’re on the stable branch where KDE 5.20 isn’t there yet. guess we’ll have to wait some more.