Pamac Segmentation Fault

Using the “update tab” on pamac leads to the % of refreshing the packages from the mirrorlist. But rather than showing updates available after hitting the 100% mark, it crashes without any GUI error logs.

If I try running pamac-manager from the terminal and try the update again, it leads to the following stack trace:
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped) pamac-manager

Does it also happen when running it with bash?
bash pamac-manager

Yes. Its the exact same issue with bash too.

What’s the output of:

pacman --sync --refresh --upgrade
pamac upgrade

:thinking:

❯ pacman --sync --refresh --upgrade
pamac upgrade
error: only one operation may be used at a time
Preparing...
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.manjaro.pamac.commit ====
Authentication is required to install, update, or remove packages
Authenticating as: Sharan (sharan)
Password: 
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ====
Synchronizing package databases...
Refreshing chaotic-aur.db...                                                                                       
Nothing to do.                                                                                                     
Transaction successfully finished.
1 Like

Howdy!

Please reinstall pamac-manager using the terminal as follows : sudo pacman -Sy pamac pamac-manager --noconfirm

Have a wonderful day! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Sorry! copy-paste error!

sudo pacman --sync --refresh
pamac upgrade

then follow @The_Quantum_Alpha 's advice.

:innocent:

Thank you so much for that. Reinstalling seems to have fixed the issue. It now completes without errors.

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (I just want to avoid even more subjective opinions being posted and confusing you even more)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please mark a solution like this:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

Sweet!
I am glad to hear that!

Always ready to help :blush:!

Have a wonderful day!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.