Pamac problem with AUR

I’ve been looking for a solution but did not really see a solution.

When updating with pamac I get the following warning:

Refreshing AUR...                                                                                                                                                                             
3.5 MB/10.7 MB: Operation not permitted                                                                                                                                                       
6.6 MB/10.7 MB: Operation not permitted                                                                                                                                                       
cp: preserving times for '/var/tmp/pamac/dbs/sync': Operation not permitted                                                                                                                   
chmod: changing permissions of '/var/tmp/pamac/dbs/sync': Operation not permitted

I don’t get that when I run as su, but I suppose that should not be the case. How can I repair this?

There is no circumstance that I’m aware of that running pamac as root should be entertained; not even using sudo.

However, try refreshing the database, and see if that helps.

pamac update --no-aur --force-refresh

If successful, run again while omitting the --no-aur if you have AUR packages to update.

Cheers.

Seems like the files in sync are owned by root. Either delete them and let pamac resync and recreate or chown them to your user.

sudo rm -rf /var/tmp/pamac

Assuming you are using stable branch - you should not enable custom build scripts even less automate the rebuild.

Because custom scripts hosted on AUR expects an up-to-date Arch Linux - the concensus is - if you require custom buildscripts - you should be using testing or unstable branch.

2 Likes