Pacman: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.3

Hi!
I was updating my Manjaro system this week … and I made a mistake !
The pacman update system told me (pacman -Syyu ) that there was a problem with pipeware-alsa. I tried to remove it … impossible because I had to remove Pacman package to do so!! … .ok … I tried to update pipeware-alsa … and here’s the mistake I did!!! Pacman is now BROKEN!

*# pacman -Syy *
pacman: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So , I have lost the use of pacman in my system… .which is a major problem!

Someone has an idea? how could I repair Pacman without the use of pacman?

Rollback with timeshift and sort of.

Edit: Maybe something like that…

git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/pacman-static.git
cd pacman-static
makepkg --sync --install

:notebook: Import gpg keys or just skip them with --skippgpcheck

It will build pacman static, then you should be able to install normal pacman again…

pamac install pacman

was also my first thought, but pamac depends on libcrypto.so.3

$ ldd /usr/bin/pamac | grep libcrypto
	libcrypto.so.3 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.3 (0x00007ffaab079000)
1 Like

Go here with a web browser of your choice — it’s one of the two Belgian mirrors for Manjaro — and download the package openssl-3.0.7-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst. Unpack it somewhere in your home directory.

The file libcrypto.so.3 is among the files in that package. Move it to /usr/lib64, chown it to root:root and give it 755 permissions. Come to think of it, if it’s not the only file you’re missing, check for the presence of the others too. :wink:

3 Likes

this forum is amazing!!! it did the trick! Thanks a lot! you saved me a lot time finding the solution by myself! “Go here with a web browser of your choice — it’s one of the two Belgian mirrors for Manjaro — and download the package openssl-3.0.7-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst . Unpack it somewhere in your home directory.”
Pacman is now working fine!
At the beginning of the system udpate , I had a file conflict between pipewire-alsa and pulseaudio-alsa … so I removed pulseaudio-alsa … .and the update seems to go just fine!
Total Download Size: 2580.60 MiB
Total Installed Size: 9234.24 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 377.72 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]

You’re supposed to mark the post of the person who solved your problem as the solution, not your own post. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.