Oxygen sound missing from KDE

Despite KDE being configured with the Oxygen KDE Sounds, the oxygen-sounds package is not installed by default, and is only available from the AUR.

Is there a specific reason why these sounds are not installed by default, and not available from official repos? I don’t like them very much to be honest, but it still seems to be an oversight with no particular reason for not being included in official repos (and KDE ISO).

1 Like

It would be an Arch linux package anyway. If was dropped there, Manjaro did the same.

$ pamac build oxygen-sounds

What do you mean? Manjaro has different packages, example Timeshift.

Thanks I know how to install AUR packages (it is even in my original message if you didn’t read it), that is not the question lol.

Is there a specific reason why these sounds are not installed by default, and not available from official repos despite KDE being configured with the Oxygen KDE Sounds?

I did - and it is exactly as @bogdancovaciu explained.

When a package not explicitly built by Manjaro is demoted to AUR then it disappears from Manjaro official repo as well.

And oxygen-sounds is not one of the packages build explicitly.

1 Like

Manjaro has some specific packages, but not all of them.
Here are the discussions for them

And here are the discussions for the packages from Arch linux

Packages by Manjaro team are signed with their name. Otherwise are from Arch.

OK, I’m not going for a request as I don’t even like the sounds. I just wanted to point what seems an oversight, as all other packages are provided by Manjaro (search oxygen in Pamac to see), but the sounds package, which ironically is pre-configured in KDE installation (when you install the sound pack from AUR you start to hear the notification sounds pre-configured actually working now).

1 Like

Is not :slight_smile: