Orca Slicer - Device tab - previous system version worked

Hello and thank you in advance for any help.

I have been using an application called Orca Slicer and it had been working fine until a few system updates ago.

The feature that has broken is the device tab acts as a web browser and connects directly to the 3d printer’s web interface.

The application comes in .appimage format for better or worse.
Someone has also made an AUR of it but that doesn’t fix the issue so my guess is it’s some form of dependency that I’m missing or is just the wrong version. I have tried it in a fresh vm of Manjaro KDE 22.1.0-230421-linux61.iso just to verify.

I have tried going back to the v1.5.0 of Orca slicer’s appimage that I know worked and had the same result of a blank window in the device tab.

This was in a fresh vm of the iso linked above and can be replicated without installing the system and base dependencies.

I also raised an issue on the Orca slicer git
and was pointed in the direction of Issue #12 for Bambu Studio for ideas on how to deal with the app image.

as of writing this post I’m at a loss and any help would be appreciated.

Laptop info:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux 
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.104.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.1.25-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Memory: 3.3 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name: TAICHI31
System Version: 1.0

Desktop info:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux 
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.104.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.1.25-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2

Can you run

ldd /path/to/appimage/or/bin/launcher | grep not

Same goes for just launching the program from terminal and checking for any errors.

Based on the link … maybe check loading the location in browser as well as your default browser selection.

And if webkit2gtk is installed.

pacman -Qs webkit2gtk

Things like neofetch are rather incomplete. If you wish to share system info pleae use inxi;
[HowTo] Provide System Information

For the laptop I only have the .appimage so here is the output, and to be clear I replaced the word after home with “< my directory >”

ldd /home/<mydirectory>/Applications/OrcaSlicer_ubu64_6f7de959006e6ae1a1da4eca8e841168.AppImage | grep not                                                                                                 
        not a dynamic executable

I actually pulled that from Infocenter in kde but here is the output for inxi from the laptop.

CPU: dual core Intel Core i5-3337U (-MT MCP-) speed/min/max: 1028/800/2700 MHz
Kernel: 6.1.26-1-MANJARO x86_64 Up: 22m Mem: 2988.2/3366.7 MiB (88.8%)
Storage: 238.47 GiB (21.8% used) Procs: 244 Shell: Zsh inxi: 3.3.26

The application won’t run without it but here is the output below.

local/webkit2gtk 2.40.1-1
    Web content engine for GTK

I believe this to be a non-issue as I did a fresh install of Manjaro in a VM so to remove all variables like that and I still end up with that result, as far as viewing the device in question my 3d printer loads fine in all web browsers I have thrown at it.

Two error dialogue boxes pop up during startup but do not affect the overall functionality and is a bug already being discussed on the git with Bambu studio and Orcaslicer as far as I’m aware.
I did the normal startup and actions that would lead me to the loading of the device tab.

Here is the output to the console

Thank you again for your time and help.