OpenWebRx+ for Manjaro ARM

Hello everyone again! :grinning:

After I found the current version of Telegram in the form of a Flatpack, I am happy to use the Manjaro ARM again.
At the same time, I am pleasantly surprised by the stability of the functioning of this distribution on TV-Box Beelink GtKing, it still works great.
Thanks to these unknown to me people who have created such a stable distribution.
Thanks also to @linux-aarhus, who responded to my request in a friendly way and created the Firefox-ESR v.115 package which I continue to use with pleasure.
Thanks also to all the people who helped me solve the problems that arise when mastering the Manjaro ARM.

Now I is have a new petition :slight_smile:
There is an OpenWebRx+ application that unfortunately, it while only works on only works on and economical Raspberry, voracious Intel and AMD.

openwebrx+

I use it on Rpi-4, however it is quite slow
Therefore, it seems to me that the 6-core ARM S922x is significantly superior to the RPi-4 in performance, and I would like to use OpenWebRx+ on this ARM for a lot of work.

Dear @linux-aarhus, I am writing to you again with a similar petition: please build the OpenWebRX+ 1.2.54 package for Manjaro ARM.

I already know that you can do it well :smiley:

Have you tried the AUR package? The PKGBUILD says arch=('any') so it hopefully should build on ARM.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openwebrx-plus

1 Like

Yes, I’ve tried it. Unfortunately, the build of this package fails:

csdr-luarvique is being built...
==> ERROR: There is no 'csdr-luarvique' package for the 'aarch64' architecture.

Probably, this ‘any’ does not include aarch64, and a special build is needed.

Yes, I see the problem. The csdr-luarvique PKGBUILD specifies arch=('i686' 'x86_64').

The maintainer of openwebrx-plus and csdr-luarvique packages are the same person. Obviously they didn’t actually test arch=('any')

In the csdr-luarvique PKGBUILD:

arch=('i686' 'x86_64' 'aarch64')

Then it will make a package.

==> Tidying install...
  -> Removing libtool files...
  -> Purging unwanted files...
  -> Removing static library files...
  -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries...
  -> Compressing man and info pages...
==> Checking for packaging issues...
==> Creating package "csdr-luarvique"...
  -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
  -> Generating .BUILDINFO file...
  -> Generating .MTREE file...
  -> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: csdr-luarvique 0.18.22-1 (Wed 10 Apr 2024 01:41:40 PM CDT)

real	1m0.649s
user	0m15.450s
sys	0m5.210s

Looking over the OpenwebRxplus PKGBUILD it looks like the makings of a complete nightmare to build. Looks like at least @15 AUR packages needs to be built. Then have no clue if they will require more with their depends. I do not believe you are going to get anyone to build all of these packages for you.

It is way past time for you to start building your own packages.

1 Like

It’s very sad, of course… :pensive:
If I learn how to collect packages for ARM, it will be a very long time