ODROID-M1 not booting from SD card / NVMe

Hello,

I have a problem using Manjaro on my ODROID-M1.

1. I start with a fresh installation from “Manjaro-ARM-gnome-om1-22.12.img.xz” and after I copied image to SD / NVMe, I get black screen on boot.

2. I start with a fresh installation from “Manjaro-ARM-gnome-om1-22.10.img.xz” and after I copied image to SD / NVMe, I get Manjaro booting and usable but when I run a pacman -Syu, system will be broken on next boot, I get black screen on boot.

During pacman -Syu, mkinitcpio regenerate itself and say :

WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: rockchipdrm

I think the problem come from here but I’m not able to provide a correction to the upstream build itself.

1. I tried to build my own img.xz with:

buildarmimg -d om1 -e gnome -n

Again, during mkinitcpio generation of itself it say :

WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: rockchipdrm

My own “Manjaro-ARM-gnome-om1-23.02.img.xz” give me the very same result as Manjaro-ARM-gnome-om1-22.12.img.xz”.

Similar problem with another board → https://forum.manjaro.org/t/rock-3a-not-booting-from-sd-card/132745

Help from the Manjaro Team will be very appreciate!

Wish You well!

As we discussed in PMs.

I can’t replicate the behavior on my Odroid M1 with the same image (Gnome 22.12) you tried.

The main difference between our devices, seems to be the version of Petitboot. Mine is from 2021, while yours is from 2022.

So you could try booting while disabling the SPI, where petitboot is located, by holding down the contact button while it’s booting for like 5 seconds. The blue LED should start blinking when the kernel is running and you can release the button.

This is a different issue, and the fix for it is already implemented for the Odroid M1.