Nvidia driver not working after installation and screen flickering

I recently installed nvidia, and after installing my screen started flickering. It seems like nvidia is not working. Is there any way to fix this problem. I want to enable switching option for graphic driver like intel to nvidia and vice versa.
After uninstalling the nvidia the problem still persist. Can anyone help me to solve this problem.

This is how you provide good information

We have to make sure also that you properly installed the driver. Have you done it as described here?
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Configure_Graphics_Cards#Installing_a_Driver

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, but the solution is not working. Can you just tell me how to reinstall the driver and how to switch between nvidia and normal driver.

What’s not working?

What driver? We don’t even know what graphics card you have.

3 Likes

I have nvidia mx150.
The problems I have are:-
(1) After installing nvidia driver screen started flickering but before installing it on my device there was no flickering
(2) I want to enable option to switch between intel, nvidia and hybrid mode
(3) I have no idea that nvidia is activated or not. And If nvidia is running then there should be less battery life and no flickering should encounter. Previously I had the same issue of flickering but once I was able to switch to nvidia then no flickering was there.

Please someone help me to get rid of this.

I asked how to provide good information, you decided to give it your own way.

Did you take notes of what you did, you know, for future references and learning purposes?
That model seem to be compatible with video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-455xx-prime drivers, but according to this Manjaro KDE MX150 Prime Graphics falls off bus intermittently - Linux - NVIDIA Developer Forums it kind of fails.

In the past you might have used video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-bumblebee … but i don’t know the state of it, nor if is still available and working now.

Try to follow this from archived forum, but instead of 440xx use 455xx

1 Like

Thank you so much, I was looking for this post. Last time I had the same problem and this post helped me to solve that problem.