No WiFi when I use Kernel 6.4

When I upgraded from 6.3.12 to 6.4.2 on my Dell Studio laptop, the WiFi disappeared.
I downgraded back to 6.3.12 and it worked again.
So, there is some kind of a bug in the kernel 6.4.2.
I use 6.4.2 on my Dell Optiplex desktop computer, though. But that computer doesn’t use the WiFi, since it is cable connected.

/ Hans Gatu

Hi there. That’s a common occurrence when you try out bleeding edge kernels. Unless you absolutely need to use it on your machine, then it’s not a problem in need of a solution. Does 6.1 LTS not give you what you need? All the best…

The story repeats itself.
When I upgraded from 6.4.12 to 6.5.0 on my Dell Studio laptop, the WiFi disappeared.
I downgraded back to 6.4.12 and it worked again.
So, there is some kind of a bug in the kernel 6.5.0.
I use 6.5.0 on my Dell Optiplex desktop computer, though. But that computer doesn’t use the WiFi, since it is cable connected.

/ Hans Gatu

The story repeats itself, again.
When I upgraded from 6.6.10 to 6.7.0 on my Dell Studio laptop, the WiFi disappeared.
I downgraded back to 6.6.10 and it worked again.
So, there is some kind of a bug in the kernel 6.7.0.

/ Hans Gatu

You have not provided enough information about your system to help anybody figure out what the issue might be. If you are using a driver from AUR, you need to re-build that driver against the new Linux kernel/Kernel headers. Bumping an old thread isn’t the best idea either. A new thread would likely catch more attention, especially since the title was not edited and 6.4 is deprecated.

Please read:

OK, so I moved it to a new thread with the correct title.

/ Hans Gatu

new topic: No WiFi when I use Kernel 6.7