No wifi icon on desktop and no connectivity

I recently tried to install i3 window manager and it caused some serious problems. I was unable to uninstall it with help from here Will not boot with plasma after botched i3 install but afterwards the internet did not work. Actually it did not work while i3 was still installed so I think this installation failure caused the issue, not removing i3. This i3 thing really screwed things up.

I read this post Unable to find any wifi connections and it seems I have the same behavior, on the same machine. But I do not get the errors when trying to reinstall drivers or restart the NetworkManager, but instead nothing happens. There is output with --verbose but I mean there is no change in the operation.

There is no wifi icon on the desktop and I can’t figure out how to get to the networking stuff. I’m new to Linux. From the desktop is there anything I can search? The only networking thing that comes up in Network Interfaces which I don’t know how to use. Where can I see network connections?

I’m not able to get inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host file since I cannot get the file from the pine book since it’s offline but I can give shorter responses (or is there a way I can get it from one machine to another w/o wifi? I don’t have a USB unfortunately). I’ll post anything else that could help here.

PS - I’ve tried several times to make sure this not the wi-fi kill switch Pinebook Pro - PINE64 by trying both what I think is on and also off, then rebooting. This does nothing.
PSS- The battery icon has also disappeared.

1. First read this to put you in a good mood:

[HowTo] become a Manjaro power user when you're a wizard at Windows but a N00b at Manjaro

2. Now re-install your system as that’s going to be easier and faster than finding out what exactly went wrong on an offline machine.

3. If you don’t like the above and would have a working Ethernet connection, the first thing to do would be to post an inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width because now we have zero information and won’t even know where to start to have a look to see what’s wrong, let alone suggest a solution.

:sob: