No text in Pamac settings menu after new GUI

There was an update to Pamac today which implements a nicer looking interface! While I’m happy about this it also introduces a problem: Text seems to no longer render in the preferences menu, it’s impossible to tell what some menus and checkboxes are for… I also see some dark borders around the window. I use the Breeze GTK theme.

In addition, though this is a separate issue: Can the update checking frequency be turned back into a number please? I now only have presets for 3 or 6 hours… what if I want to use 2 or 4?

Have you tried with a different theme?

Just tried Adwaita which IIRC is the official GTK theme. Exact same problem with it too.

I’d note that I have no issues with other GTK applications: Everything renders fine in those on any theme. It must be something in the recent Pamac update, though if so others should be seeing this too.

Found the culprit: Had to uninstall gtk3-nocsd. Of course it now disables the KWin titlebar and renders that ugly one, but at least the text issue is gone. I’ll put up with GTK’s CSD for now as it’s no big deal.

1 Like

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, thank you for fixing this! I should have marked it myself: Keep forgetting the forum has a Solution button too, I got used to only using this feature on Stackexchange / Stackoverflow :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.