Night Theme Switcher Extension Error

Hi there :slight_smile:
Since the last update of the integrated Gnome Extension Night Theme Switcher (a few weeks ago), the extension fails to load. The Extensions Manager says: Error: “console is not defined”.
How can I fix this?
Thank you guys!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

A quick search with the error and extension should lead you to here: The switcher stopped working (Manjaro versioning issue) (#72) · Issues · Romain / Night Theme Switcher GNOME Shell extension · GitLab witch points here: [Stable Update] 2021-09-04 - Kernels, Wine, Deepin, KDE Gear, Maui-Kit, Plasma - #23 by Yochanan

What version of the night time switcher are you using and from where is it installed?
Current latest working should be:
gnome-shell-extension-nightthemeswitcher 51-2

edit:

When you are on 52 (there was an issue and the package was rolled back) you need to downgrade:

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Downgrading_packages
Example
pamac install downgrade
sudo downgrade gnome-shell-extension-nightthemeswitcher

Depending on what you have in the cache you can choose what version you want to go back to, the stable version is 51-2

1 Like

You’re right, my search before showed me to these issues, but they still remained on my machine.
But I’ve found a solution:
I just manually removed the nightthemeswitcher extensions via Software Manager and then reinstalled it. I’m not sure why - because

1. it came preinstalled with manjaro gnome and has been updated via Software Manager
  2. it’s the same version as before (51-2) but it’s working now.

Thank you for your support and taking your time for me - I’m new to linux and still learning :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.