[Stable Update] 2021-09-04 - Kernels, Wine, Deepin, KDE Gear, Maui-Kit, Plasma

Not sure what information is needed to add, please let me know.
While trying to run a VM with Display Spice set to “Virtio” with “3d acceleration” enabled, I am getting below error:

Error starting domain: internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2021-09-05T11:29:39.328865Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device virtio-vga-gl,id=video0,max_outputs=1,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x1: opengl is not available

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 65, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 101, in tmpcb
    callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/libvirtobject.py", line 57, in newfn
    ret = fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/domain.py", line 1329, in startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1353, in create
    raise libvirtError('virDomainCreate() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2021-09-05T11:29:39.328865Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device virtio-vga-gl,id=video0,max_outputs=1,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x1: opengl is not available

Workaround: I am using QXL or disable 3d acceleration in virtio and works fine.

Edit: Steam also opens but displays a black window, both in the main but in the promotions also. This is reported elsewhere to such as reddit. Looks like something is wrong with OpenGL

A post was split to a new topic: KMail and KOrganiser issue after last update

qemu 6.1 with machine type pc-q35-6.1 breaks my mac os vm, hang at boot.
qemu 6.1 with machine type pc-q35-6.0 is ok.

It’s not related to changes in qemu DSDT, currently investigating.

gnome-shell-extension-nightthemeswitcher version 52-1 is only intended for GNOME 41. It doesn’t work on GNOME 40. Please remove version 52-1 from the repository until Manjaro GNOME moves to GNOME 41.

The update again wasn’t seen by the package manager GUI. Had to to a pacman -Syyu in order for it to find the new packages. After updating, everything is working fine.

It’s been replaced with 51-2.

1 Like

Changing steam to small mode will help navigate your library for now. View > small mode.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Weather icons changed with last update

2 posts were split to a new topic: Kdelibs issue since last update

First update, since the nvidia 470 drivers came out, where I had to walk through the steps to enable Wayland again. /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/61-gdm.rules was the culprit.

For anyone else looking for the steps after this update:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Fresh install: 50% Boot success rate

Can someone please have a look at the issue with xorg-server 1.20.13-3?

These Debian upstream packages are no good.

" Use intel ddx only on pre-gen4 hw, newer ones will fall back to modesetting"

What and why? I have gen8 hardware nd now falls back to modesetting. With modesetting I have screentearing and all the bad stuff.

Besides of that: this is a breaking change for many users. The modesetting driver uses different screen-display names. eDP1 becomes eDP-1 and so on. Breaks my whole xrandr seat setup, my i3 config, my lightdm config and so many other places where these identifiers are used.

I know there is a discussion going on. Big distributions drop xf86-video-intel because that driver sees to be unmaintained and in bad state of quality.

3 Likes

Switching to linux kernel 5.14.0-0 broke my graphics completely: it became a kaleidoscope. Couldn’t see anything, just colourful lines everywhere on my Dell XPS 9575 2-in-1. Had to switch back to 5.13.13.

How do I turn on logging when booting with this faulty kernel? To whom do I send it?

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: File already exists in the filesystem

I have this same problem
And some games are not working anymore such as Company of Heroes 2
other games like Over Cooked 2 are working
this is happneing on both 5.13 and 5.14 kernel…
prior to the update running 5.13 it was running flawlessly

1 Like

Arghh… I just performed my weekly system update. Running 5.10 LTS kernel and QEMU OpenGL is broken – cannot start any of my VM’s from VMM. I’m also getting “hanging” when copying a large file – Konsole stops responding for minutes at a time.

I had the black screen issue with Steam last night as well, I fixed it by using pamac to install steam-native

sudo pamac install steam-native

It was mentioned here:

I just did the update with GUI.
I now have a screen (main monitor on my left) where all of my apps and the launcher is, that is unresponsive.

I can see it, desktop icons, my panel at the bottom, (though it is all rearranged in icons and layout.) and I can even drag this browser window from the right monitor over to the left and interact in the browser on the left while it is there, but Nothing else is selectable, or usable on the left.

The renders me unable to do much.

Any suggestions?

Thanx!

[update]

And finding now that nothing on the right monitor is usable EXCEPT for the open browser, in which I am automatically set to open to this page.

So… new diagnostic is that the ONLY mouse GUI interaction I have now is within the google-chrome-stable browser.

I almost never have an upgrade issue.

After updating through GUI and hitting this issue, I tried the terminal with pacman -Syyu.
Ended with Nothing to do.

Manjaro is so stable… even through updates, that I can’t remember how to get more information on the problem, because it has been so long!

1 Like