New Manjaro Mobile Application

This is cool, thanks!

1 Like

Hi Guys, I installed the app today, from the Google PlayStore. The interface seems to be great. I guess that the app will be useful after it’s completely developed. Thank you !! Keep Developing !! All the best !!

1 Like

Hi @oguzkagan, a typo error in the Download section
Screenshot_20200921_203128
Otherwise, very nice app!

1 Like

Ops! :sweat_smile: Great Catch, thanks :+1:

1 Like

You should remove that last part &hl=tr which makes the link fixed to Turkish…
Kolay gelsin :wink:

1 Like

I noticed one glitch where the app is crashing:

Hit “Download” and then use the back-arrow <- : App crashes.

1 Like

Can we roll out it on F-Droid repo as well?

3 Likes

Great looking app. Good UI.
What is its goal? With the homepage as an app, one could easily think the goal is marketing.
Nought wrong with that, but it’s not the kind of that rocks my boat.

I prefer the informative / tech helper kind.
Making an app off the wiki, including:

• diagnostics tools (one would have to be something to help people evaluate whether they need to ask for support or not…too many individuals tend to ask when they haven’t even tried a fix of their own)

• (if the app indicates that asking for help is necessary) - ways to contact support people: maybe the Manjaro Team is too stretched, but maybe some very knowledgeable forum members here could be considered if they are ok with the idea.
    I’m thinking of either an inside app text chat facility or simply support people profiles including a link to their Whatsapp.

I know this is an entirely different project. See that you’re working on an app inspired me. If i went too far, tell me :wink:

2 Likes

Hm. Got me thinking some sort of pastebin tool for troubleshooting could be useful …

3 Likes

Will there ever be a Manjaro forum app for android that I would be interested in. :grin:

You can already add a shortcut to the forum on your mobile, it will act like an app :wink:

Yea an I have that set up but I don’t receive notifications

Clear the site data from site settings, login again and it should prompt you to enable notifications.

@oguzkagan I just installed 1.0.1 from the Play Store and it instantly crashes. I sent feedback.

Android 10
OnePlus 7 Pro

1 Like

I know that, I will release a new version soon.

2 Likes

I fixed, It will be applied on Google Play(it takes a time to approve). Also, I updated the first post and apk links.

1 Like

The News section never loads, there’s just a spinning circle. I can load Manjaro - News in Chrome just fine.

Hmm. I tried 2-3 devices. No problem like that.
Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> Manjaro app then you can see below similiar setting there. It can help you.

The setting is not restricted. I tried on WiFi and mobile data.

1 Like

I will check it :+1: