New Manjaro Mobile Application

Hm. Got me thinking some sort of pastebin tool for troubleshooting could be useful …

3 Likes

Will there ever be a Manjaro forum app for android that I would be interested in. :grin:

You can already add a shortcut to the forum on your mobile, it will act like an app :wink:

Yea an I have that set up but I don’t receive notifications

Clear the site data from site settings, login again and it should prompt you to enable notifications.

@oguzkagan I just installed 1.0.1 from the Play Store and it instantly crashes. I sent feedback.

Android 10
OnePlus 7 Pro

1 Like

I know that, I will release a new version soon.

2 Likes

I fixed, It will be applied on Google Play(it takes a time to approve). Also, I updated the first post and apk links.

1 Like

The News section never loads, there’s just a spinning circle. I can load Manjaro - News in Chrome just fine.

Hmm. I tried 2-3 devices. No problem like that.
Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> Manjaro app then you can see below similiar setting there. It can help you.

The setting is not restricted. I tried on WiFi and mobile data.

1 Like

I will check it :+1:

Of course it decided to load now. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The About > Team page is out of date. I was added on the website just before the new app release.

1 Like

Hmm, I will make a api for some pages to prevent the out of date problem. Thanks for feedback.

Fixed :+1:

1 Like

The News page won’t load with 1.0.3 again.

Is this just based on the Discourse reference design? If so, I won’t waste my time. The Discourse app is all JavaScript anyway so you might as well run it in the browser.

Edit

Found source link in the first post. It’s TypeScript.

Edit2

And React-Native instead of Ember. Maybe this is something interesting after all.

1.0.9: just tried
  1. news section: looks as blank page

2. packages section: expect package search got country search and mirror status there. Also many countries has several mirrors. Here I got country items with no ability to recognise which server URL status an item describes.

3. Also I see permanent toast notification appears on startup:

I see no any other section (except ones with no user payload: settings, about, etc…)

What were and are the ideas to introduce the app? What problems it should solve?
Does the web version is unable to provide something?

This app will most likely be discontinued as Oguz does not have free time for it.