Network drivers MHWDCONFIG is invalid and empty

boot with the 5.15

Currently running: 5.15.53-1-MANJARO (linux515)
The following kernels are installed in your system:
   * linux515
   * linux519
   * linux518-rt

also, i did login to forum on laptop, so now i can “follow the rules”, give text output :D, also it is bluetooth wifi i do, cause bluetooth works.

so install first headers for the 5.15 - not going to install headers for all kernels, not neccesarry, since its only for testing puproses:
sudo pacman -S linux515-headers
install driver:
pamac build rtl8821cu-dkms-git
reboot and see if wifi works

While headers install, let me ask a thing. If network solution you gave me will work, is it possible to install completely manjaro onto laptops hard drive, and wait till those 1-3 months go by, and install how you said the kernel that will possibly fully support, i can while waiting for kernel to be stable install completely manjaro with network and work without sound until that time comes, is it possible? (sorry for messy and long question :))

of course you can install it, but why doing it? you will have a broken system because the audio doesnt work… so i would rather wait till the audio is fully supported and then do a harddisk installation…

okay, i accept that.

Transaction successfully finished.

Should i reboot?

this time it actually didnt hang as before.

yes reboot

It did work! My brother said thats great, but he insists that it will go just fine without the sound for now, really.

NO! you will have no audio, how can you function like that, i cant even imagine it…

angry cat

i dont know…i want to finish installing manjaro, and i have school probably in that time…But as we tested 5.19 and it almost worked with the sound driver, and it did work even with manjaro installed on usb…why wouldnt it work installing now, and wait for the kernel to get released stable in 2-ish months

you understand that you will have no music/videos no headpones will work no mic, no nothing, just silence… and the 2 months was just my guess since the audio somehow works on the 5.19 kernel … maybe it will be more than 2 months, we dont know that…

What a funny thread here… xD But please don’t forget: It is a forum and not a chatbox :slight_smile:

About the sound… worth a try would be forcing snd_hda_intel instead sof-firmware.

It must be this device: Intel Celeron/Pentium Silver Processor High Definition Audio

You can try it live (it is only temporary)…

sudo modprobe -vr current_driver_name
sudo modprobe -v snd_hda_intel

Check if it is loaded:

lsmod | grep snd_hda_intel
inxi -Azy

current_driver_name? how can i find it thought?

well that would be great if megavolts solution would work
you can find it here:
inxi -Azy

grafik

Thats actually what i did but it returned that it didn’t know that module. That’s why i asked because i thought i gave it wrong…