Need some help updating the OS and Uninstalling an app

ekhm
thanks xD

https://paste.pics/fd36d77ad10cb57b74d073887ae342f4

as you can see here it is there LBRY and the updates up in the corner

Those look like Flatpak, and they’re not for LBRY specifically. They’re for other libraries typically used as dependencies for Flatpaks.

To update them, open a terminal and run:

sudo flatpak upgrade
Looking for updates…
Nothing to do.

Please provide the entire output.

https://paste.pics/f9efd11d521ff8b12315302218ff13d0

I dunno how :sweat_smile:

To update them, click on the :heavy_check_mark: button next to it to select it, then click the Apply button.

By selecting the complete, entire output to copy, and paste it here. Not only 2/3 lines.

Edit:

Something like this:

$ pamac upgrade                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      1 ↵
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Refreshing core.db...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Refreshing extra.db...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
Refreshing community.db...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
Resolving dependencies...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Checking inter-conflicts...

To upgrade (4):
accountsservice  22.08.8-1        (22.07.5-1)        extra      167.5 kB
chromium         99.0.4844.51-1   (98.0.4758.102-2)  extra      85.4 MB
libpamac         11.2.0-13        (11.2.0-12)        extra      858.7 kB
vivaldi          5.1.2567.57-1.1  (5.1.2567.49-1.1)  community  118.5 MB

Total download size: 204.9 MB
Total installed size: -508.1 kB

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
Download of accountsservice (22.08.8-1) started
Download of vivaldi (5.1.2567.57-1.1) started
Download of accountsservice (22.08.8-1) finished
Download of chromium (99.0.4844.51-1) started
Download of chromium (99.0.4844.51-1) finished
Download of libpamac (11.2.0-13) started
Download of libpamac (11.2.0-13) finished
Download of vivaldi (5.1.2567.57-1.1) finished
Checking keyring...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    [4/4]
Checking integrity...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  [4/4]
Loading packages files...                                                                                                                                                                                                                              [4/4]
Checking file conflicts...                                                                                                                                                                                                                             [4/4]
Checking available disk space...                                                                                                                                                                                                                       [4/4]
Upgrading accountsservice (22.07.5-1 -> 22.08.8-1)...                                                                                                                                                                                                  [1/4]
Upgrading chromium (98.0.4758.102-2 -> 99.0.4844.51-1)...                                                                                                                                                                                              [2/4]
Upgrading libpamac (11.2.0-12 -> 11.2.0-13)...                                                                                                                                                                                                         [3/4]
Upgrading vivaldi (5.1.2567.49-1.1 -> 5.1.2567.57-1.1)...                                                                                                                                                                                              [4/4]
Running post-transaction hooks...
Reloading system manager configuration...                                                                                                                                                                                                             [1/10]
Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...                                                                                                                                                                                                                        [2/10]
Updating the MIME type database...                                                                                                                                                                                                                    [3/10]
Refreshing PackageKit...                                                                                                                                                                                                                              [4/10]
Reloading system bus configuration...                                                                                                                                                                                                                 [5/10]
Updating icon theme caches...                                                                                                                                                                                                                         [6/10]
pacnew-chaser notify                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  [7/10]
Checking which packages need to be rebuilt                                                                                                                                                                                                            [8/10]
parallel: Warning: $HOME not set. Using /tmp.
Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...                                                                                                                                                                                                          [9/10]
Enabling proprietary media playback in Vivaldi…                                                                                                                                                                                                      [10/10]
You may need to be root (or rerun this command with sudo)
Proprietary media codecs (97.0.4692.71) was already present
Transaction successfully finished.

More info:

https://paste.pics/c1dbc9932cb7849a7f0be0f8e606da86

yep I did this

and about this I did it, I did couple updates before,
but I feel like it’s bugged or something It’s kind of loop
I press update (apply)
it shows updating counter

https://paste.pics/dedd1d3846c16ed3fdfa03fba40b93d6

then it shows the same update again

https://paste.pics/ab7ea275de46e77bad3daef9461ef7db

Then it seems like some king of permission problem.

Please provide the output for

pacman -Ss pamac

Yes, I’m saying pacman, because I suspect a permissioning problem with pamac.

extra/libpamac 11.2.0-13 [installed]
    Library for Pamac package manager based on libalpm
extra/libpamac-flatpak-plugin 11.2.0-13 [installed]
    Flatpak plugin for Pamac
extra/libpamac-snap-plugin 11.2.0-13 [installed]
    Snap plugin for Pamac
extra/pamac-cli 10.3.0-6 [installed]
    A Package Manager based on libalpm with AUR and Appstream support
extra/pamac-gnome-integration 10.3.0-6 [installed]
    Pamac gnome integration
extra/pamac-gtk 10.3.0-6 [installed]
    A Package Manager based on libalpm with AUR and Appstream support
extra/pamac-tray-icon-plasma 0.1.2-4
    Pamac tray icon for plasma users
community/webapp-manager-manjaro 1.1.3-1
    Run websites as if they were apps. Fork with Pamac support using JAK for
    native apps.
  • Have you recently rebooted? (Just for giggles, y’know. I like having all bases covered.)
  • Do you actively use Snap and/or Flatpak?

rebooting yes couple hours ago
and about snap/flat pack only when it comes to specific apps like discord or apps that are not on the official repository

OK, then do me a favor and quickly do a reboot, since much has been done since the last reboot.

sure,
but I’m omw to college now
will be back in like 4-5 hrs max
so If you don’t mind doing it after
as I’m on the way there now😅
also is what command should I try after rebooting?

Nothing specific that I can think of. Maybe try updating the database:

pamac checkupdates

The only last thing I can think of is to remove ALL Flatpaks, restart, update the database again, and reinstall the required Flatpaks.

1 Like

alright will do it when I’m back
thanks for trying to help atm :smile:

1 Like

Can you post the mirrorlist ? (/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist)

sure but I’m in college now
just gimme around 3 hrs maximum
n will do it when I’m home :smile:

There is no version 21.08.11 so I wonder what system you installed which could be mistaken for Manjaro.

cat /etc/lsb-release
cat /etc/os-release

Just because you are using something that looks like Pamac does mean you are using Manjaro. Pamac can be build as a custom package from AUR and installed onto any Arch based system.

The packages displayed in your first image is not Manjaro packages - so I am fairly convinced your system is not Manjaro or if it is then it is a custom spin - in which case you will have to get in touch with the author(s).

After some investigation it looks like it could be the gnome-software app.

2 Likes

that’s what I got from the command

pamac checkupdates
2 available updates:
(null)                        21.08.11  flathub
(null)                        21.08.11  flathub

can you tell me how? :sweat_smile: