My RTX 3070 has a problem with drivers and kernel

then

sudo manjaro-chroot -a 
mhwd -r pci video-modesetting
pacman -Syyu
mhwd-kernel -i linux515
mhwd-kernel -i linux516
exit (end chroot )

hello, when i executed the mhwd -r video-modesetting,. I see you wanna remove video modesetting, but I also dont know what wrong with this line

Edit: I solved it, I am now installing stuff

Error: invalid use of option: -r/--remove

Usage: mhwd [OPTIONS] <config(s)>

--pci                                 list only pci devices and driver configs
  --usb                                 list only usb devices and driver configs
  -h/--help                             show help
  -v/--version                          show version of mhwd
  -f/--force                            force reinstallation
  -d/--detail                           show detailed info for -l/-li/-lh
  -l/--list                             list available configs for devices
  -la/--listall                         list all driver configs
  -li/--listinstalled                   list installed driver configs
  -lh/--listhardware                    list hardware information
  -i/--install <usb/pci> <config(s)>    install driver config(s)
  -ic/--installcustom <usb/pci> <path>  install custom config(s)
  -r/--remove <usb/pci> <config(s)>     remove driver config(s)
  -a/--auto <usb/pci> <free/nonfree> <classid>  auto install configs for classid
  --pmcachedir <path>                   set package manager cache path
  --pmconfig <path>                     set package manager config
  --pmroot <path>                       set package manager root

try
mhwd -r pci video-modesetting

ok, so i did it, I also installed -Syyu. But mhwd-kernel -i linux515 :: Synchronizing package databases... core 167.7 KiB 838 KiB/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100% extra 1899.9 KiB 14.3 MiB/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100% community 6.9 MiB 28.9 MiB/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100% multilib 174.3 KiB 5.01 MiB/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100% error: no targets specified (use -h for help)
I am trying to find the porblem but I am slow so yea

exit ( end-chroot )
then reboot

you can add after others kernels

Ok I try rebooting into 5.10 but still didn’t work, I am using tty to install 5.15 and 5.16 and try booting in those. I also checked, I just have the Nvidia proprietary drivers

you have version 495.46 nvidia installed ?

How can I check?

with inxi -Fza or pacman -Qs nvidia

Sorry taking so long, I got this, there were to many nvidia versions.

[manjaro /]# pacman -Qs nvidia
local/egl-wayland 2:1.1.9+r3+g582b2d3-1
    EGLStream-based Wayland external platform
local/lib32-libvdpau 1.4-1
    Nvidia VDPAU library
local/lib32-nvidia-utils 495.46-1
    NVIDIA drivers utilities (32-bit)
local/libvdpau 1.4-1
    Nvidia VDPAU library
local/libxnvctrl 495.46-1.0
    NVIDIA NV-CONTROL X extension
local/mhwd-nvidia 495.46-3
    MHWD module-ids for nvidia 495.46
local/mhwd-nvidia-390xx 390.147-2
    MHWD module-ids for nvidia 390.147
local/mhwd-nvidia-470xx 470.94-1
    MHWD module-ids for nvidia 470.94
local/nvidia-utils 495.46-3
    NVIDIA drivers utilities

mhwd-nvidia are scripts only

have you try with only one monitor ?
i think that conf file Xorg should be updated for working with 2 monitors screen

gonna try

Edit: I tried with 1 Monitor but it didn’t work
Another Edit: Tried it with 5.10, 5.15, 5.16 and also didn’t work.

:cry::sweat:

What should I do?

then try this
TTY

sudo pacman -Syyu
sudo mhwd -a pci free 0300 
sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300 

or under chroot ( with USB live Iso )

sudo manjaro-chroot -a
pacman -Syyu
mhwd -a pci free 0300 
mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300 
exit ( end-chroot )

check also version xorg config from nvidia-setting
see this

If you install Manjaro with kernel 5.13 that denotes you are installing an old ISO.

Make sure you use a current ISO, check Manjaro website to download a proper ISO.

With a current ISO you will install your system on latest LTS kernel, with working Nvidia out of the box.

So I deinstalled 5.13 and installed 5.10. But it still doesn’t work, also installed the free driver you gave me but still didn’t work. I think I will reinstall with the new and updated version.

I feel really sorry and dumb. The version I installed was a bit older and buggy. So I flashed my usb with the newest version and then installed it. Worked, now I am 5.15, should I use it ore change to 5.16 ore to 5.10?
And also how can I apply an ICC profile file that I got for my monitor? Because without it is really bad.
It now works and thank you all for the help. Learned a lot new thing. Also thanks stephane for your help.

Stay on 5.15, do not install other kernels that are not LTS. Keep your system up to date too, do not hold updates for long time so there is no issue to update.

For color profiles, it seems there is colord-kde that should be able to help. Install it and try.

Ok so I got now colord-kde for git repository. It should integrate itself into the system, but it didn’t and I don’t know why.

First, why GIT? There is the package in the Manjaro repositories.

Also after I installed it for testing, and rebooted, it seems it is easily accessible by searching for Color in the Application menu (Color Correction).

sudo pacman -S colord-kde

After reboot, go to System Settings → Hardware → Color Corrections

The Calibrate button warning is expected, see 433068 – Shows "you need Gnome color management installed in order to calibrate devices" it will probably be removed in a later update. Alternatively for this feature, there is Displaycal, also available in the Manjaro repositories, but I doubt you would need that too.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.