Mounting NAS to my laptop

Command not found, doing it on my laptop…

If it is NFS, you can glean some details by looking at /etc/exports on your NAS server - you have ssh access and can look.

There is the program “putty” to allow you to access your server via sshfs and explore the file system on it like in your normal file manager.

Install it - as well as you can simply install nmap, so that the command will be found …

This came out:

# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
#               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
#
# Example for NFSv2 and NFSv3:
# /srv/homes       hostname1(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) hostname2(ro,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
# Example for NFSv4:
# /srv/nfs4        gss/krb5i(rw,sync,fsid=0,crossmnt,no_subtree_check)
# /srv/nfs4/homes  gss/krb5i(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
/mnt/rdisk      192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0(rw,sync)

please edit your post and reformat it - it’s ugly in this huge font

I’ll be now leaving this thread.

OK, done.Thx for the help

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

When posting terminal output, copy the output and paste it here, wrapped in three (3) backticks, before AND after the pasted text. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Sed
sollicitudin dolor
eget nisl elit id
condimentum
arcu erat varius
cursus sem quis eros.

Instead of like this:

Sed sollicitudin dolor eget nisl elit id condimentum arcu erat varius cursus sem quis eros.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby increasing legibility thus making it easier for those trying to provide assistance.

For more information, please see:

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

Thanx fo the tips

1 Like

Then you need to install the package first.

Starting Nmap 7.93 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2023-06-11 11:24 CEST
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.100 (192.168.1.100)
Host is up (0.013s latency).
Not shown: 994 closed tcp ports (reset)
PORT      STATE SERVICE
22/tcp    open  ssh
111/tcp   open  rpcbind
2049/tcp  open  nfs
5001/tcp  open  commplex-link
9001/tcp  open  tor-orport
10000/tcp open  snet-sensor-mgmt
MAC Address: 40:B0:76:A2:F1:93 (Asustek Computer)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.43 seconds

Common FileManagers can also mount SSH (secure ftp) and nfs on demand just by typing in the URL. Pretty easy, you can also make it global:

You can use ssh for mounting in fstab like that (it is an example, and you have to adjust it):

ssh_user@ip_or_domain:/remote/path /media/sshfs-nas fuse.sshfs noauto,x-systemd.automount,_netdev,user,idmap=user,follow_symlinks,identityfile=/home/user/.ssh/ssh_key,allow_other,default_permissions,uid=1000,gid=1000,X-mount.mkdir=0755,x-gvfs-hide 0 0

or NFS have look here: [root tip] [How To] Share data using NFS it explains the server and client side configuration.

ssh_oracle911@192.168.1.100:/mnt/rdisk  /media/nas fuse.sshfs noauto,x-systemd.automount,_netdev,user,idmap=user,follow_symlinks,identityfile=/home/user/.ssh/ssh_key,allow_other,default_permissions,uid=1000,gid=1000,X-mount.mkdir=0755,x-gvfs-hide 0 0
bash: ssh_oracle911@192.168.1.100:/mnt/rdisk: No such file or directory

Almost there

Nope… :face_with_peeking_eye: as said, it is a fstab entry if you want to use in the terminal, then like that:

mkdir -pv /tmp/sshfs-nas
sshfs ssh_oracle911@192.168.1.100:/mnt/rdisk /tmp/sshfs-nas -o idmap=user,follow_symlinks,identityfile=/home/user/.ssh/ssh_key,default_permissions,uid=1000,gid=1000

If you don’t have a public key authentication, then remove identityfile=/home/user/.ssh/ssh_key from the options or adjust it. However public key authentication is always recommended instead of password authentication.

ls -la /tmp/sshfs-nas

Note that this is only temporary and will not survive a reboot.

I can not use the tmp folder (error messages), any other idea?

Oh c’mon, help us help you.

What error messages?

The plasma said:

The file system does not respond on /tmp/sshfs-nas

Is it mounted?

mount -t fuse.sshfs

Open dolphin and configure a SFTP connection with the network wizard. That is the common way for causal users on plasma.

Yeah, but I do not see anything in that folder. I mean it looks like empty

oracle911@192.168.1.100:/mnt/rdisk on /tmp/sshfs-nas type fuse.sshfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=1000,default_permissions)

Well for me, it works. Whether on the terminal or in fstab. The problem might be /mnt/rdisk which indicates that a partition is mounted on the ubuntu server there. Is it mounted? Are the permissions set correctly?

oracle911@nas-video:/mnt/rdisk$ ls -l
total 112560
-rwxrwxrwx  1 oracle911 rodina    115173240 Mar 25  2021 Theta+Guardian+Node-2.2.4.AppImage
-rw-r--r--  1 oracle911 oracle911     61399 Jan 25 11:51 UMS.conf
drwxrwxrwx  2 root      root          16384 Jul 29  2020 lost+found
drwxrwx--- 10 oracle911 oracle911      4096 Feb 16 22:12 private
drwxrwxrwx  6 nobody    nogroup        4096 Aug 16  2020 rodina

Edit: Maybe I found it:

oracle911@nas-video:/mnt$ ls -l
total 4
drw-rw-rwx 6 root root 4096 Jan 25 11:51 rdisk

No, other has rwx, so no issue.