Missing Package Manager icon from system tray

I didn’t something (don’t know what) but before, even if there was not Package Updates, the " Package Manager " was always visible in the system tray (botton right )

I like having it there instead of having to open the Full App etc

How to bring it back LOL ?

1 Like

Please remove LOL from your topic title. This is a support forum, not a social network or instant messenger.

What? You did not do something? What did you do? If you don’t know, then neither do we.

Please see the following and edit your post with information that will help us help you:

3 Likes

This is the kind of powerfull answer I needed tks Much appreciated

I CLICKED SOMETHING, DON’T KNOW WHAT, MOVING MY MOUSE AND DIDN’T HAVE THE TIME TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED AND THE icon was gone

IF I paid you 1 million to make that icon, show up there, without knowing what the person did, what would be your best guess

:wink:

You mean the Octopi notifier? … that is also absent on two of my machines, only shows up on the oldest installation (approx 5½ years’ vintage).

1 Like

serious ?
Weird… It’s always there on my other PC ( recent Lenovo Yoga ) with Manjaro Plasma

Is it there if you click the ^ on the panel? If so, you should be able to right-click the ^, select “Configure System Tray”, go to the second option in the list (Entries) & add it back by setting it to “Always Shown”

Completely ignoring what I said and shouting (turn off your Caps Lock) isn’t going to accomplish anything. Please try again.

Probably not.

I wonder what that would be on a default Manjaro installation? :thinking: :wink:

3 Likes

Much appreciated @BG405 !!!

I did saw that one but Package Manager is missing in that window, that would have been for sure the solution… tks

OMG OMG SHAME ON ME LOL (sorry for CAPS LOCK)

I just removed the Package Manager from there, I just had to put it back (Drag it there)

DISCLAIMER : I never said I was a KDE PLASMA DE expert LOL Just loving it

Oops no it’s not the same…I moved the Add Remove Software there, it’s helping to Update easily but it’s not the one…

You’d be better off removing the “Solution” flag then otherwise this thread automatically closes 3 hours after the last reply!

N.B. The tray icon I have is for Pamac, on this newer install. I can’t remember whether I explicitly installed it though. I only use it as a quick reference and do the actual updates via Terminal → Pacman (and then Pamac CLI for any AUR stuff).

1 Like

I tried removing the SOLUTION FLAG but can’t. Probably my account doesn’t have that privilege

1 Like

I took a look at my other beautiful Manjaro Plasma Laptop and this icon I loved is PAMAC

So Pacmac ( can survive without it) is the icon that was on My Desktop SYSTEM TRAY :

1. showing if there was an update
  2. allowed me to REFRESH my Update addiction.

Still looking

So which pamac packages do you have?

pacman -Qs pamac

Either pamac-gtk or pamac-gtk3 would provide pamac-tray.desktop.
But pamac-tray-icon-plasma would provide pamac-tray-plasma.desktop.

1 Like

Well, I noticed this thread briefly a few hours ago, and now I’ve returned, I’m still not amused, and no amount of laughing out loud will change that.

Edit: LOL removed from title for the sake of general sanity; whoever that is.

1 Like

pacman -Qs pamac  127 ✘  CA 
local/libpamac 11.6.3-1
Library for Pamac package manager based on libalpm
local/libpamac-flatpak-plugin 11.6.3-1
Flatpak plugin for Pamac
local/pamac-cli 11.6.0-3
A CLI Package Manager based on libalpm with AUR support
local/pamac-gtk3 10.6.0-3
A Package Manager based on libalpm with AUR and Appstream support (GTK3)
local/pamac-tray-icon-plasma 0.1.3-2
Pamac tray icon for Plasma users

the LOL in the subject was a copy paste mistake

laughing is so much important in life and for our immune system though…

I FIXED IT !!!

2 Likes

@BG405 LOL LOL for your AVATAR
Worked most of my Adult life using Windows (MacOs prior… )
Worked as an IT with windows for 15 years

My own company been running Linux for 20+ years
My own PC now 15 years Linux

I would never never never go back to Windows… Using it when forced to, into a VM…

My greatest IT/Techie/nerd achievement victory was to make my 55 years old wife (been 35 years together) use Manjaro instead of Windows !!!

2 Likes

Thanks! :green_heart:

I have that avatar on various online platforms. I’d be happy to share the .xcf (created in GIMP) if you want it; it’s layered so there are white or black backgrounds to choose from (or modify as desired). It might be a bit confusing to see EXACTLY the same avatar for different members but I wouldn’t mind! Maybe turn the bar the opposite way? (easy enough).

N.B. I added it ti the Mint forum profile a few days ago, forgetting the avatars there are displayed rather bigger … sort-of “in-your-face” hehe

So … uh … what was missing?