Missing AUR Packages: mhwd-nvidia-340xx

I’ve got this error after an upgrade yay -Syyu:
Missing AUR Packages: mhwd-nvidia-340xx

Thing is I dont even have an Nvidia card. Its an all Intel laptop

I’ve searched but not found any fixes
Any Idea how to fix it?

It’s a dependency of mhwd. I have no idea why it was moved to the AUR, given that the AUR is a repository for Arch packages, and I can’t really see Arch users using a Manjaro-specific package ─ mhwd is the Manjaro Hardware Detection tool.

My system here ─ a desktop, not a laptop ─ also only has Intel graphics, and I have the package installed here. The comments for the package state that it is a dependency of another package. Therefore, I would advise you to install it in order to get rid of the error message.

:arrow_down:

yay -S mhwd-nvidia-340xx

I would try just to re-install the database:

sudo pacman -Sy mhwd-db

Then update

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

and reboot.

2 Likes
yay -S mhwd-nvidia-340xx                                                                                        [130]
 -> Could not find all required packages:
	mhwd-nvidia-340xx (Target)

No change after that. Still get the same error Missing AUR Packages: mhwd-nvidia-340xx

According to the information in the package, it is 0.00 bytes. The package is maintained by @philm, so I’ll invite him to come and look at this thread. :thinking:

@niclasc Have you tried the commands I suggested? They may solve your issue… :wink:

mhwd-nvidia-340xx is no longer required for mhwd-db and should not be pulled after re-installing the newest version of mhwd-db.

1 Like

Manjaro Devs dropped support for older NVIDIA chips.

1 Like

I’ve tried that and it did not help

1 Like

Can you be a bit more precise? You entered the commands and got what messages for each of the commands? If you want help you should help your helpers as much as possible, don’t you think so? :thinking:

Did you answer “NO” when it asked to replace all the old mhwd packages with the current new ones during the last system update?

I get the same error

sudo pacman -Sy mhwd-db                                             [130]
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
warning: mhwd-db-0.6.5-7 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) mhwd-db-0.6.5-7

Total Installed Size:  0,03 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0,00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                     [######################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                   [######################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                        [######################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                  [######################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                [######################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling mhwd-db                         [######################] 100%

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu                                              [130]
::INFO Downloading mirrors from repo.manjaro.org
::INFO Using custom mirror file
::INFO Querying mirrors - This may take some time
  0.188 Norway         : http://mirror.terrahost.no/linux/manjaro/
::INFO Writing mirror list
::Norway          : http://mirror.terrahost.no/linux/manjaro/stable/$repo/$arch
::INFO Mirror list generated and saved to: /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
 core                            167,6 KiB  1567 KiB/s 00:00 [#################################] 100%
 extra                          1980,8 KiB  18,1 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################] 100%
 community                         6,3 MiB  24,5 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################] 100%
 multilib                        182,0 KiB  0,00   B/s 00:00 [#################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do

yay -Syyu                                                                                     
 core                            167,6 KiB  1803 KiB/s 00:00 [#################################] 100%
 extra                          1980,8 KiB  17,6 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################] 100%
 community                         6,3 MiB  24,2 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################] 100%
 multilib                        182,0 KiB  59,3 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
:: Searching databases for updates...
:: Searching AUR for updates...
 -> Missing AUR Packages:  mhwd-nvidia-340xx
:: 1 Packages to upgrade.
1  aur/minecraft-launcher  2.2.909-1 -> 2.2.1262-1
==> Packages to exclude: (eg: "1 2 3", "1-3", "^4" or repo name)

I shoose the default option that I think was YES

Hi I am getting the same errors as well. Here is my output:

[ranvir@ranvir-pc ~]$ yay -S mhwd-nvidia-340xx
-> Could not find all required packages:
mhwd-nvidia-340xx (Target)
[ranvir@ranvir-pc ~]$ sudo pacman -Sy mhwd-db
[sudo] password for ranvir:
:: Synchronising package databases…
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
warning: mhwd-db-0.6.5-7 is up to date – reinstalling
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…

Packages (1) mhwd-db-0.6.5-7

Total Installed Size: 0.03 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring [#############################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity [#############################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files [#############################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts [#############################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space [#############################################################] 100%
:: Processing package changes…
(1/1) reinstalling mhwd-db [#############################################################] 100%
==> Updating Config: ‘/var/lib/mhwd/local/pci/video-nvidia-430xx’
cp: cannot stat ‘/var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/nvidia-430xx/MHWDCONFIG’: No such file or directory

Any help on this? Still get the same error every update

I found an explanation on a post from the archlinux subreddit so all credit goes to u/LiteracyFanatic who made the comment. Unfortunately I can’t post links but it didn’t take me that long to google. The post is called “Yay is missing AUR packages” by u/oldominion from 7 months ago in case you’re interested.

From what I understand, mhwd-nvidia-340xx was removed from AUR and the “Missing AUR Packages: mhwd-nvidia-340xx” message is because that package is installed locally but no longer found in the AUR.

To solve it just uninstall the package (be sure to have your drivers updated first), you could try to remove it with

yay -R mhwd-nvidia-340xx

2 Likes

Thanks. It worked

I have tried that before but It did not work

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.