Mini PC EliteMini UM700 with Manjaro pre-installed now available

Great news on the hardware sector!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1484564537604980745

We have worked together with MinisForum to create a Linux-powered Mini PC which is now finally available in their shop.

The EliteMini UM700 is just 128 x 127 x 46 mm (5″ x 5″ x 1.8″) small and weighs only 500 grams but is a really versatile powerhouse with an AMD Ryzen 7 3750H CPU with 4 cores / 8 threads and a base clock of 2.3 GHz that can be boosted up to 4.0 GHz. It has 4 MB of L3 cache, comes with a Radeon RX Vega 10 1400 MHz GPU and an onboard Wi-Fi 5 AC7265 module. Up to three monitors can be connected and also the variety of remaining interfaces is plentiful.

With its specs and the pre-installed, tailor-made Manjaro-system it will serve as the perfect platform for Steam Deck developers, as suggested in Valve’s blog post. But, with its extremely compact format, it can just as well be an ideal daily driver for many office or leisure environments.

As a special bonus the first 1000 boxes will include a license of CrossOver Linux One which enables users to run many Windows games, utilities and other applications at native speeds, seamlessly incorporating into the Manjaro desktop environment.

They are shipping world wide and prices are really competitive.
The base model (8GB RAM / 256GB SSD) goes for 469 USD, the boxes with bigger RAM and SSD are 499 USD (16/256GB) and 539 USD (16/512GB).

Some more technical details:

On the front we have a power button, 3.5mm headphone jack, 2 USB Type-A ports and 1 USB Type-C port, a digital mic and a reset hole. On the back we have 2 more USB 3.1 Gen2 ports, 1 HDMI port, 1 DisplayPort, a power port and a Kensington Lock And an Ethernet port.

The top plate can very easily be opened by pressing down at the front corners. You can simply pop it up and slide it off to access the internal parts of the machine, which makes it extremely easy to upgrade its RAM and storage. You will find a 2.5” SATA 3.0 slot to add an SSD or mechanical disk, dual-channel DDR4 slots to add up to 64GB of RAM and a M.2 2280 PCIE NVMe port for SSD.

MinisForum provides a 2 years warranty for purchases from the official store. The package include a manual, the computer itself, a power brick, a VESA mount to mount it on the back of monitor, HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort cables.

>> MinisForum online shop

14 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Typos and Grammar improvements for UM700 MJR shop listing

Is this the US storefront? Ordering from US to EU too costly on delivery fees.

MinisForum has warehouses in the US and in Germany. The pre-sales however will be shipped directly from Hongkong but they try to keep import taxes low.

1 Like

I have an old Minisforum GK45 running Manjaro - great devices! i will upgrade to this ryzen powerhouse asap <3

I just ordered mine, very excited about getting a new computer.

Is there a more high-performance version of this box? I’m looking to set up a gaming server on my home network with a decent-ish graphics card (better than my intel integrated gpu at least!).

You can click in the menu on their website, but if you search the shop there is only this one partnered with Manjaro.

2 Likes

Currently we are looking at another version in a lower spec than this one, but we can see if a higher powered version also makes sense. Check their page and let me know what would be of interest.

1 Like

Thanks @omano, @philm ! I’m interested in buying a strong-ish machine for my home network and using it with VNC to pay some games.

So far very happy with the computer, more usb connectivity would have been convenient, but there are sacrifices to be made with mini computers. The installed Manjaro worked great out if the box, but due to personal taste I changed the De from plasma to xfce.
I can recommend this product.

1 Like