Matlab R2021b unable to install add-ons

Hi, I recently installed Matlab on Manjaro KDE using the official installation software from Matlab and running it as sudo.

Now I can open it from the terminal (matlab &) but I’m having trouble installing the Signal Processing Toolbox. First it threw a permission error because I was running it as my normal user but it wanted to write to /usr/local/Matlab/R2021b, so I had to change the permissions of that folder temporally (I couldn’t just run matlab as superuser because the license wouldn’t work).

Now I tried installing it, but it fails because “something unexpected ocurred”. The messages I got on the terminal are these:

Gtk-Message: 12:02:29.916: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
/usr/local/MATLAB/R2021b/bin/glnxa64/../../sys/os/glnxa64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib/libproxy.so.1)
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so
MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /usr/local/MATLAB/R2021b/bin/glnxa64/../../sys/os/glnxa64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
failed to load driver: iris
MESA-LOADER: failed to open kms_swrast: /usr/local/MATLAB/R2021b/bin/glnxa64/../../sys/os/glnxa64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
failed to load driver: kms_swrast
MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/local/MATLAB/R2021b/bin/glnxa64/../../sys/os/glnxa64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
failed to load swrast driver

Any idea? Has someone encountered this problem before?

Kindly have a look:

Thanks, but it doesn’t correspond to my problem. From the error messages I think it may be related to GLIBCXX but I don’t know how to fix it.

MATLAB crashes when displaying graphics

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/MATLAB#MATLAB_crashes_when_displaying_graphics