Manjaro setting manager - kernel

manjaro setting manager - kernel

If it’s just me, I’d appreciate it if you could point it out.

There is no rush, but if anything, I think it would be better to fix it.

I would like the detail display to be made larger. I would be happy if I could make it resizable.
At present, I think it’s too small. It’s better to be helpful.

I would be happy if the team could fix it someday.

I rarely use it, but I do use it occasionally.

One way to think about it is to just accept that that’s just the way it is and give up.

Cinnamon edition.

3 Likes

Yep, it is indeed too small. Even if you do not have high/low dpi, it takes some scrolling to see the log.

1 Like

Manjaro Settings Manager is not hiDPI aware - as it is from before hiDPI became a thing.

+1

i wonder that this (meanwhile antic) flaw has never been changed.

1 Like

Even on native resolution it is a bit smallish. +100 pixels in the width and height of the window will not hurt. I do not remember if it was resizable. Not that it is the most important thing.

1 Like

It is resizableI had to verify - it is not … but I don’t use it - usually not installed - but for the purpose of verification.

It’s actually the most critical part of Manjaro settings. And it’s mostly used by average users to install/remove kernels.

So having a resizable window to see all returned errors and warnings is really important to avoid breaking the whole installation.

2 Likes

Yeah, i saw this on KDE too. A fix would be nice…

1 Like

I am just afraid the average user does not read the log :wink:

No matter what is your technical level in Linux, you can’t run safely your Manjaro installation for several months if you don’t read the output of each install/remove/upgrade in Manjaro settings and Pamac/pacman/yay.

1 Like