Manjaro not booting after fresh dual boot installation

Hi, I recently did a fresh redump on my laptop (deleted every partitions with gparted, and then reinstalled windows and manjaro in a dual boot configuration).
My windows seems to works well but I can’t boot my manjaro. When I just boot my computer it boots on windows, and when I go to the boot menu, I can see the manjaro entry but I can’t boot on it (choosing it does absolutely nothing, where it should boot to manjaro).
Here’s a few additional informations:

• I used rufus to create all my bootable keys (Gparted, Windows 10 and Manjaro)
  • I use manjaro gnome
  • This laptop already had the same configuration (dual boot windows 10 + manjaro gnome) before I cleaned it with gparted.
  • I followed this guide https://forum.manjaro.org/t/root-tip-how-to-dual-boot-manjaro-and-windows/1164

And here’s the output of parted + print list all

Model: SAMSUNG MZVLB256HAHQ-000L7 (nvme)
Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 256GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags: 

Number  Start   End     Size    File system     Name                          Flags
 1      1049kB  106MB   105MB   fat32           EFI system partition          boot, esp
 2      106MB   123MB   16.8MB                  Microsoft reserved partition  msftres
 3      123MB   78.1GB  78.0GB  ntfs            Basic data partition          msftdata
 4      78.1GB  78.6GB  556MB   ntfs                                          hidden, diag
 5      78.6GB  79.2GB  537MB   fat32                                         boot, esp
 6      79.2GB  81.3GB  2147MB  linux-swap(v1)                                swap
 7      81.3GB  103GB   21.5GB  ext4
 8      103GB   256GB   153GB   ext4

Maybe the manjaro entry in my boot refers to my old manjaro ? because it was already here before I reinstalled manjaro, but that feels weird.

Thanks a lot for you time !

Hi @Naelriun, and welcome!

Please see here:

Not using dual boot, that’s all I can give you at this point.

Hope it helps!

Thanks !

But that’s the guide I followed, for some reasons I couldn’t include a link in my post.

See

Edit:

I can’t help you further, as I said I don’t have dual boot. But the info is good to have nonetheless.

Oh thanks a lot !

which partition is linux root?

It’s the number 7

Better to provide the output of:

lsblk

…in this regard.

You can also use Maxi

to collect information about the boot process. This works,

• when you are in your running system (with CTRL+ALT+F2).
  • And also in a live environment

Okay,

Found the issue !

My usb stick was broken and has some kinds of weird flickering intern signals which corrupted my ISO images.

Can’t provide very much more details since it’s more of an electronic problem.

The solution was to buy another one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.