Manjaro KDE: Can't login, loging in tty works, no error displayed

go to system settings/ sddm and change the default theme to breeze, click apply, reboot and check if it works

I have already tried that, no luck.

I am also unable to find the profile file in the live Manjaro USB …

im seeing in your logs some gnome keyring issus, some kwallet issues and some espanso issues
you can try to uninstall the gnome keyring, disable kwallet in system settings, and uninstall espanso, and its configs from home folder in .config and in .local/share, then reboot and check

i have uninstalled espanso and that didnt work.

wouldn’t uninstallig gnome keyring and kwallet broke my system even more? for example, without logging to kwallet my wifi wouldn’t start (for some reason).

that was a suggestion, since i saw errors related to it… you cannot uninstall kwallet anyway, just go to system settings/ kde wallet and uncheck enable the kde subsytem, click apply and again reboot and check

i have to get some sleep, really tired in this hour. i have to get some sleep or I make some mistake.

thank you for trying to help me. i am extremely surprised by my system breaking out of nothing – I made no changes, no updates, and its broken.

i left ubuntu because the ugly mess of ppas, but I booted it now as emergency after a few months and runs ok. feels like I will move to kubuntu after this. i don’t want to deal with broken systems anymore.

if the issue would be keyring, wouldn’t just all hell break lose when I uninstall it? i thought it is used to validate all packages on my system …

you are running kde, so i dont know why you have installed gnome keyring - it stores passwords not validate packages… i dont have it installed… also did you try running an update:
pamac update

i had to install it during some update, about a year ago, but I admit I don’t know why …

i have updated with pacman already. let me remove the gnome keyring.

this is my /etc/profile

# /etc/profile

# Set our umask
umask 022

# Append "$1" to $PATH when not already in.
# This function API is accessible to scripts in /etc/profile.d
append_path () {
    case ":$PATH:" in
        *:"$1":*)
            ;;
        *)
            PATH="${PATH:+$PATH:}$1"
    esac
}

# Append our default paths
append_path '/usr/local/sbin'
append_path '/usr/local/bin'
append_path '/usr/bin'
append_path '/usr/local/texlive/2022/bin/x86_64-linux'

# Force PATH to be environment
export PATH

# Load profiles from /etc/profile.d
if test -d /etc/profile.d/; then
	for profile in /etc/profile.d/*.sh; do
		test -r "$profile" && . "$profile"
	done
	unset profile
fi

# Unload our profile API functions
unset -f append_path

# Source global bash config, when interactive but not posix or sh mode
if test "$BASH" &&\
   test "$PS1" &&\
   test -z "$POSIXLY_CORRECT" &&\
   test "${0#-}" != sh &&\
   test -r /etc/bash.bashrc
then
	. /etc/bash.bashrc
fi

# Termcap is outdated, old, and crusty, kill it.
unset TERMCAP

# Man is much better than us at figuring this out
unset MANPATH

is there something that could cause the login process to break? otherwise, any other changes didn’t fix my situation …

you could try this: go to system settings/ compositor and uncheck enable on startup, click apply and again reboot and check… if it doesnt work, open add/remove software click the 3 dots and view history, and copy here the last 40 entries, maybe you installed/updated something that could help us… im going to check the profile against mine

EDIT: checked profiles, and they are exactly the same except of this line:

append_path '/usr/local/texlive/2022/bin/x86_64-linux'

which i dont have…

Hi, just for test, delete the file .Xauthority in your home folder.
A lot of time i had the looping log and deleting this file solved the issue.
The file will be recreated next time you reboot/relog.