Manjaro KDE 21.1.0 touchpad issues

Hey, so I’m pretty new to Linux and wanted to start somewhere, and after looking around I decided I liked the look and feel of Manjaro. I got my laptop dual booted between Windows 10 and Manjaro, and that all works fine. Problem is my touchpad doesn’t work on Manjaro. It’s strange because the touchpad worked fine when I was running the Manjaro live off of my USB, but it does not work on the actual installed Manjaro. I know it’s not a failing hardware issue because of it working on the live one, and also that it still works on the Windows 10 install.

And also, even though the touchpad does not work, the touchscreen does work (it’s a touchscreen laptop, Acer E5-575 N16Q2).

I would really appreciate any pointers on what could be going wrong here. Thank you!

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and press the three dots below your post and press the :pencil2: to give us more information so we can see what’s really going on.
    Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:
  2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

:+1:

P.S. If you want to notify me that you did provide this information, please :heart: this message and I’ll come back and have another look.
P.P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which exact CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time

UPDATE: I figured it out. Kinda was really simple too. So for some reason, going back into Windows another time resulted in the touchpad being disabled (it wasn’t disabled on Windows the first time) as if I pressed the FN key to lock it, so after enabling it from the Windows side I was able to use the touchpad perfectly on the Manjaro side.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.