Manjaro Forum Desktop app

That is exactly the problem. You have 2 additional chromium instances running where you actually only need the Firefox instance.

1 Like

it can but only with certain things like building etc.

You mean cache?

I figured as much and that’'s what I based my answer on, so I’m not going to say it again.

Ok and? they are still lighter in both size and resources.

@gameslayer9999 , your “Desktop app” is nothing more as a “Layer” between the Forum and the user…
Especially if it doesn’t provide extra functionality on top of what the Forum already provides via any browser, you are not able to call it a “Dedicated app”, because it simply is not one.

Based on resources alone I have shown it’s lighter and based on size with the way I have done things multiple of my apps installed are lighter in file size.

But they do only one thing. Where Firefox doesn’t. So, not lighter when you take that into account.

If you leave out required parts, ofcourse anything can be presented as being lighter…
Sorry we technical people don’t fall for that kind of mis-information…

1 Like

It doesn’t have to add functionality etc, the point of it is a simple desktop app that does exactly what you want and nothing more. This is simply a desktop app to provide a convenient desktop and I am sure the people at Manjaro wouldn’t want me to do anything to thier forum etc that isn’t permitted or part of their forum/experience.

leave out what parts? I haven’t done any of that, please show me where I did this

I simply showed a simple example of ram usage.

Thats exactly the point we are making, we don’t need the app to make that convenient shortcut to access the forum…

Can you post the dependencies of your app inclusive the ones for electron?
That will start to show which parts you left out…

Maybe people would like a simple desktop app, you can’t just say that in behalf of everyone.

I am simplly giving out an idea/feedback to help Manjaro :slight_smile:

I think we will start to talk in circles, so i stop here…

Exactly why I’m shutting my yap.

all my apps depend on libelectron, that itself ins’t running on it’s own but is used to power all my apps and this shared dependency are used for all my apps meaning there is no duplicate dependencies or bloat if they were compiled and had their own individually. The filesize of it alone is 236.9 MB but ram size I have already shown

Were not, I am just simply explaining and answering your question. If you don’t like the idea than that is understandable but if there is misinformation I will correct people not out of anger but to educate :slight_smile:

To make it clear, or even more clear as we already did:

We don’t object to any “Desktop App”, if and only if it provides extra functionality.
But your’s does not, like you have explained already…

Why? there is nothing wrong going here, you answered questions and I answered it so what is the issue?

Ok I get that but why would it need to and what “extra functionality” would you want it to do?

Why can’t it just be a simple app that does this but is a lighter dedicated app?

It would need that to make it worth to install, aside from what is already installed by default.