Manjaro fails to boot

Hello.

After an update, manjaro refuses to start. I select the kernel I want to boot, and see only a blinking cursor.

But I do have access to tty. Startx-command tells me “no screens found”.

Please see the output in the image below.

• Kernel: 5.15
  • Nvidia driver: 2021.11.04
  • gdm

Any help appreciated.

you had already this issue and nothing worked except downgrading kernel and nvidia … so why would you again update them and end up with the same issue after the downgrade that fixed the issue ??

1 Like

I set the nvidia-driver to “ignore” in the manjaro’s software-manager, as well as the kernel. But I now realize that other nvidia-packages get update nethertheless. Thanks for pointing out the obvious…

wait till the next system update and then update them, hopefully the issue will be resolved …

1 Like

If not, you are likely to read from me again :joy:

2 Likes

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    [HowTo] Provide System Information
    and press the three dots below your post and press the :pencil2: to give us more information so we can see what’s really going on.
    Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:
  2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

:+1:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.