Manjaro arm on Amlogic Tv box?

Yes, there are a few verison of gtking-pro around. ophub firmware have a few different gtking-pro dtb where the MAX CPU Speed are different.

No, only hdmi output.

Not sure what that error “meson-drm ff900000.vpu: Failed to find CVBS Connector bridge” means. But Manjaro boot up fine and works great so far except some of the issues highlighted earlier.

Is it possible to fix ram1gb for X96 Max plus ? I have 4gb ram

Hello & Welcome to the forum,

If anyone have a similar device like you and understands how dts work then maybe he/she can help you.

Maybe you can look for similar issue on other forums to see if there is any fix for this issue.

What revision do yo have? Which dtb do you use?
How to determine your revision: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1013103&st=40#entry102780026

I have this one X96MaxPlus_ 2101 and I used dtb above meson-sm1-x96maxplus-vim1000m-sound.dtb

Maybe you have a similar problem?

Yeah but I flash that firmware and got bootloop. I think it different model

I was sure that this problem was due to the original (android) bootloader, so I updated several firmware versions until I found the right one. The firmware I installed doesn’t work as it should either, but I don’t use it. Only boot loader matter

And don’t forget the toothpick after full upgrade!

Yeah I really think bootloader too but if I flashed it the box brick. You are so lucky that you didn’t brick. if it is another solution without modifiing bootloader would be nice

No luck, I have bricked the box many times, most of the firmware did not load at all (Toshiba 032GE problem)

I think there is a variable in the bootloader environment that defines the size of RAM or tz bin

Hi,
Does Someone have a dtb file that enabled the ethernet network for mecool the km3 tv box? The meson-g12a-sei510.dtb file does not enable the ethernet network card in my mecool km3 tv box.

The speed of the ethernet network card of my mecool km3 is 100 MB.

Thanks.

hi, i found out that for reboot and shutdown to work i have to remove this : quiet splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles from uEnv.ini file, maybe it can work for you, i am using linux kernel.
Otherwise, can you tell me if you can play games like wormax, slither io or agar io smoothly? For me there are a lot of jerks under the chromium. thx

Hi @Dams2000
Thanks for the info to resolve reboot and shutdown. Will try it later and revert to you and @spikerguy.

FYI, I have been trying to figure out why on Manjaro-Arm-Gnome Chromium regularly slither or momentarily (split second) freeze when on webglsamples Aquarium and when streaming Youtube videos.

Based on your input on Chromium there are a lot of jerk you are facing the same issue I am facing. I have not tried any games on Manjaro-Arm-Gnome.

So far, I have not found a solution yet.

In Ubuntu Impish or Focal, I don’t have any issue on Chromium streaming Youtube videos or weglsamples Aquarium regular split second freeze/jerk.

Hi @Dams2000 and @spikerguy ,

Confirmed. By removing quiet splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles from uEnv.ini Reboot now work! Thank you @Dams2000.

I have a compromised solution for the Manjaro-Arm-Gnome Chromium regular split second freeze/jerky when streaming youtube videos and when running webglsamples.org Aquarium. Disable Chromium flags “–in-process-gpu”

~/.config/chromium-flags.conf
--ignore-gpu-blocklist
#--in-process-gpu
--enable-gpu-rasterization
--enable-zero-copy
--use-gl=egl
--ozone-platform-hint=auto

Compromised solution in the sense that WebGL Hardware acceleration is at reduced performance and Compositing is Software Only.

wegglsamples.org Aquarium 500 Fish fps dropped to 27-31 fps compared to 38-50+ fps. Chromium video streaming now uses higher CPU resources compared to when “–in-process-gpu” is Enabled.

As mentioned earlier, on Ubuntu Focal/Impish Chromium with --in-proces-gpu enabled there is no issue with split second freeze/jerky youtube video or Aquarium

1 Like

Thank you for testing, I did give an hour to try Tobetters kernel on am6 and that one failed to reboot too then I realized that its something wrong somewhere else.

Thank you for finding this. Happy to work for such a lovely community members.

As there are many changes upstream for panfrost gpu is very unstable lately. I have not tested personally but manjaro team members are testing it regularly on kde and gnome.

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

Thanks to @Dams2000 who highlighted the work around.

I had earlier tested on mainline linux and linux-odorid kernels too and had the same issue failed to reboot. That is prior to disabling plymouth.

The Chromium regular split second freeze/jerky youtube streaming and webgl Aquarium is puzzling.

The reason is puzzling is on one Bullseye-Gnome installation there is no issue and on another Bulllseye-Gnome installation there is issue. It is not related to mesa as far as I can tell in sense both Bullseye installations used the same mesa from Debian Sid.

Only removing quiet should fix the issue no need to remove splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles

Its weird it reboots fine without quiet and sometimes it gets stuck again.

I also found that modules were in-built and also added to modules hook. I will look deeper and clean the amlogic pkgs for next built.

yea it is true that stopping plymouth completely fixes the issue.

If you still have the dts you used for amr6b+ then can you please share it with me?
It will make my work easier as I plan to work on am6b+ during this weeks holidays.

Thanks.

Hello @Dams2000
Have you got wifi6 to work on AM6B Plus ? I am still not able to get it to work with multiple wifi firmwares. I tried it with AM6BPlus dtb and also gt king pro dtb

Update, Got it,
found the mistake.

Hi, sorry for the late reply but I was having a hard time with my poor quality wifi.

yes of course, test55.dts - Google Drive

what was the error ? what firmware do you use please ? do you get a good wifi quality ?
thank

I used it from. Chewitts source.

No it can only register the wlan but cannot scan.
I will share the logs once home.