Manjaro arm on Amlogic Tv box?

Hi @spikerguy Kernel Panic when Epiphany 42.2-1 stream Youtube Video

Just updated to Arm-Stable-Update-2022-05-06. I was trying out Gnome-Web (epiphany -42.2-1) on GT King Pro Gnome-linux-khdas-5.17.5-1.

Had two kernel panic both time streaming Youtube video with Web-browser Epiphany 42.2-1. First time yesterday evening and second kernel panic just a while ago. Both time Epiphany 42.2-1 was streaming Youtube for less than 10 minutes. Most likely is Epiphany 42.2-1 related issue which causes the kernel panic.

Do not have kernel panic while streaming Youtube with Chromium or Firefox.

Wonder anybody else is encountering this issue with Epiphany-Browser 42.2-1 using same linux-khadas or different kernel?

1 Like

I have a problem after the manjaro update & upgrade process on the android tv box, stuck on conflict:

Checking file conflicts...
Failed to commit transaction:
conflicting files:
- vim3-post-install: /usr/bin/g12_sound.sh already exists in filesystem (owned by khadas-utils)
- vim3-post-install: /usr/lib/systemd/system/sound.service already exists in filesystem (owned by khadas-utils)
- vim3-post-install: /usr/share/alsa/cards/G12B-KHADAS-VIM3.conf already exists in filesystem (owned by khadas-utils)

using tv box Wechip V9 (s905x3) similiar with X96 Air/X96 Max+
dtb using meson-g12a-sei510 .dtb

Hi @spikerguy,

I notice on Manjaro-Arm-Gnome-linux-khadas-5.17.5-1 after boot-up to Desktop Environment. The system is still not fully settled yet in the sense, command like:

jflim@jflim-gtkpro ī‚° ļ€• ī‚° systemd-analyze
Bootup is not yet finished (org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.FinishTimestampMonotonic=0).
Please try again later.
Hint: Use 'systemctl list-jobs' to see active jobs
 ī€‰ ī‚° jflim@jflim-gtkpro ī‚° ļ€• ī‚° systemd-analyze blame
Bootup is not yet finished (org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.FinishTimestampMonotonic=0).
Please try again later.
 ī€‰ ī‚° jflim@jflim-gtkpro ī‚° ļ€• ī‚° systemctl list-jobs
JOB UNIT                                 TYPE  STATE  
118 systemd-networkd-wait-online.service start running
114 smb.service                          start waiting
2   multi-user.target                    start waiting
120 nmb.service                          start waiting
1   graphical.target                     start waiting
115 network-online.target                start waiting

6 jobs listed.
 jflim@jflim-gtkpro ī‚° ļ€• ī‚° systemctl list-jobs
JOB UNIT                                 TYPE  STATE  
118 systemd-networkd-wait-online.service start running
114 smb.service                          start waiting
2   multi-user.target                    start waiting
120 nmb.service                          start waiting
1   graphical.target                     start waiting
115 network-online.target                start waiting

6 jobs listed.
 jflim@jflim-gtkpro ī‚° ļ€• ī‚°

After 2 minutes the command:

Please try again later.

Check again at 8 minutes after boot up, the ā€œsystemd-analyzeā€ return expected results:

jflim@jflim-gtkpro ī‚° ļ€• ī‚° systemctl list-jobs
No jobs running.
Startup finished in 4.204s (kernel) + 2min 3.161s (userspace) = 2min 7.366s 
graphical.target reached after 2min 3.160s in userspace

Is this normal? The system boot up to Desktop Environment relatively fast but the above command seems to indicate the it is still not fully settled after boot up to Desktop Environment.

Can you check if the drive your using for the os is working fine or it about time for it to die?

Maybe the read write speed on the drive have depreciated? .
Just a thought.

As far as I can remember the USB Flash is relatively new less than a year old. Other than ā€œsystemd-analyzeā€ indicating system still not ready, apps do launch as expected. The image boot up to Desktop fast.

How to test whether it is deprecated?

Edit: So far Manjaro-Arm-Gnome-linux-khadas-5.17.5-1 runs well so far just to point out ā€œsystemd-analyzeā€ issue which is puzzling. Wonder any other users had encounter this.

TV Box Internet Radio Recorder (TVBIRR) is an ansible playbook to configure a X96 Max+ (or similar, if you adjust the playbook) TV box running Armbian to act as an internet radio streaming and recording device that you can operate entirely with the infrared remote included with the TV box. It includes a playlist of over 32000 free-to-play internet radio stations.

1 Like

Hi, sorry if these are stupid questions.

Is this rtl8822cs driver only for the 5.12 kernel or does it work with the 5.11 kernel too? Iā€™ve been going through this thread and Iā€™m a bit lost on this. Iā€™m assuming this installation can be done though chroot, right?

I burned the Manjaro-ARM-xfce-vim3-21.03.img.xz image on the SD card, and Iā€™m using the meson-sm1-x96maxplus-vim100m.dtb found on the Amlogic TV boxes wiki page (is this the right version to get?). It boots without issue on my x96 Max+ (4GB Ram, 32GB ROM). Itā€™s running the 5.11.4 kernel according to the output of ā€œinxi -F.ā€ WiFi doesnā€™t work. USB soundcard works. I mistakenly used a patch cable instead of a crossover cable to connect the x96 Max+ to my main PC, but ethernet probably also works because the network icon got alive with that rolling circle.

I havenā€™t opened my tv box to check, but if the distinct versions of this device can be identified by the memory/storage specs, then my box should have the same rtl8822cs wifi chipset according to this Spanish review.

By the way, this Spanish website also has a page with an update for the stock firmware here. But I have no idea where they got that from nor how legit it isā€¦

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. Iā€™ll try one of the most recent Odroid images and dtb files.

Uhā€¦ I downloaded the latest (22.06) xfce images for the Odroid N2+ and Khadas Vim 3, burned both on the SD card with Balena Etcher, and couldnā€™t find the ā€œuEnv.iniā€ file on the BOOT_MNJRO partition of either image. I only see a boot.ini file. And thereā€™s no extlinux.conf file either.

Havenā€™t seen anyone mentioning this issue, so not sure whatā€™s up. I must be missing somethingā€¦

The error you mention is correct, I have a X96 Air TV box (the Q100 variant with CDTECH) and I made it work with Manjaro 21.03 (Manjaro-ARM-xfce-vim3-21.03.img) but after several updates it no longer wanted to start , what I have done is to record the images in 2 usb (the current image in one and in another the 21.03), copy all the files from the BOOT unit of version 21.03 to the BOOT unit of the most recent version, the problem is that after the reboot, already being in version 22.07, it does not start and sends a kernel panic message ā€œKernel panic - not syncing: No working init found.ā€

Try to follow the steps I gave you to see if it gives you results

1 Like

Thank you, it worked!

I was able to successfully boot the latest version (22.06) of the xfce Khadas VIM3 ARM image from the SD card image by copying almost all the contents of the BOOT_MNJRO partition of the 21.03 image into the BOOT_MNJRO partition of the more recent image. The only things I didnā€™t override were the dtbs folder and the files Image and initramfs-linux.img. This way I was able to boot Manjaro ARM with the latest kernel (5.18) on my x96 Max+.

Doesnā€™t seem to run as stable as the older 21.03 version. The mouse icon flickers randomly and opening the ā€œabout:supportā€ page on Firefox causes the browser to freeze, for example. Also, canā€™t unlock the screen after locking even though I input the correct administrative password (I set up no user password). Used the meson-sm1-x96maxplus-vim100m.dtb file. Still have to try other things to figure out how to make it more stable. Havenā€™t tried to boot after overwriting the kernel files yet.

So I would suggest to leave the latest versionā€™s original Image and initramfs-linux.img files untouched in the boot partition and copy everything else. See if that works for you. Iā€™m assuming those are the kernel files, and I think the kernel version needs to match the system configuration to work properly.

I also tried to boot the latest Odroid N2+ image with this method: ovewriting the Image and initramfs-linux.img files allowed it to go through the booting sequence until it got stuck in emergency mode. I wasnā€™t sure what to do there. Need to record the output of ā€œjournalctl -xbā€ somehow. This was with either the meson-sm1-x96maxplus-vim100m.dtb or meson-sm1-x96maxplus-vim1000m.dtb file.

By leaving the kernel files untouched, it never managed to load the kernel, at least in a useful amount of timeā€¦ got stuck right after loading the dtb file. Still many variables to explore. Hopefully, I can get the Odroid version working because I need the wifi and ethernet working together.

Vim3 image is using mainline uboot so it does not have uEnv.ini

N2 image never used uEnv.ini

Users wanting to use manjaro in amlogic tv boxes should use Gt king pro image, gskingx or am6 images.

I think I need to look into the vim3 missing extconfig issue.

Thank you for the clarification @spikerguy. I was really clueless at that point, but Iā€™ve been getting a better idea of how the different images work with some experimentation these past few hours. Iā€™ve experimented mostly with VIM3, AM6 and Odroid images and was about to report that the latest image for the Odroid HC4 (22.06, KDE) + meson-sm1-h96-max.dtb work extremely well together on the x96 Max+. It probably helps that both the Odroid HC4 and H96 Max tv box are both based on the same SoC as the x96 Max+ (S905x3). To make the Odroid image boot on the x96 Max+ I did copied some of the boot files in the boot partition of some other Vim3 image.

Itā€™s running pretty fluid with very few graphical hiccups worth of note (just some occasional mouse flickering). Feels responsive at 1920x1080. HDMI audio, USB audio, ethernet and, probably, SPDIF work by default. Bluetooth is disabled, even though it shows up as an active service and the chipset is apparently detected under inxi -Fxzi. I have hardware acceleration disabled (donā€™t need it).

Wifi (and bluetooth) seems to be the only thing that isnā€™t working from the get go and I would appreciate some guidance with this. This Odroid HC4 image has the linux-odroid and linux-odroid-headers packages preinstalled and I have already installed the bc package, but none of my attempts to install the dkms-rtl8822cs driver has succeeded. Iā€™m running into this :

[blablabla ~]$ sudo pamac install dkms-rtl8822cs
[sudo] password for blablabla: 
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

To install (7):
  libmpc          1.2.1-2       (Required By: dkms-rtl8822cs)  core       
  libisl          0.25-1        (Required By: dkms-rtl8822cs)  core       
  gcc             12.1.0-2.1    (Required By: dkms-rtl8822cs)  core       
  make            4.3-3.1       (Required By: dkms-rtl8822cs)  core       
  patch           2.7.6-8       (Required By: dkms-rtl8822cs)  core       
  dkms            3.0.5-1       (Required By: dkms-rtl8822cs)  extra      
  dkms-rtl8822cs  2020.11.20-3                                 community  

Total installed size: 184,9 MB

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
Checking keyring...                                                                                      [7/7]
Checking integrity...                                                                                    [7/7]
Loading packages files...                                                                                [7/7]
Checking file conflicts...                                                                               [7/7]
Checking available disk space...                                                                         [7/7]
Installing libmpc (1.2.1-2)...                                                                           [1/7]
Installing libisl (0.25-1)...                                                                            [2/7]
Installing gcc (12.1.0-2.1)...                                                                           [3/7]
Installing make (4.3-3.1)...                                                                             [4/7]
Installing patch (2.7.6-8)...                                                                            [5/7]
Installing dkms (3.0.5-1)...                                                                             [6/7]
Installing dkms-rtl8822cs (2020.11.20-3)...                                                              [7/7]
Binary sign-file not found, module won't be signed
Signing key: /var/lib/dkms/mok.key
Public certificate (MOK): /var/lib/dkms/mok.pub
Creating symlink /var/lib/dkms/rtl8822cs/2020.11.20/source -> /usr/src/rtl8822cs-2020.11.20

Building module:
Cleaning build area...
'make' -j4 ARCH=arm64 KVER=5.18.5-1-MANJARO-ARM-ODROID KSRC=/lib/modules/5.18.5-1-MANJARO-ARM-ODROID/build/................................(bad exit status: 2)
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 5.18.5-1-MANJARO-ARM-ODROID (aarch64)
Error while configuring dkms-rtl8822cs
Consult /var/lib/dkms/rtl8822cs/2020.11.20/build/make.log for more information.
Error: dkms-rtl8822cs: command failed to execute correctly
Running post-transaction hooks...
Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...                                                                           [1/3]
Install DKMS modules                                                                                     [2/3]
==> dkms install --no-depmod rtl8822cs/2020.11.20 -k 5.18.5-1-MANJARO-ARM-ODROID
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 5.18.5-1-MANJARO-ARM-ODROID (aarch64)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/rtl8822cs/2020.11.20/build/make.log for more information.
==> WARNING: `dkms install --no-depmod rtl8822cs/2020.11.20 -k 5.18.5-1-MANJARO-ARM-ODROID' exited 10
Updating the info directory file...                                                                      [3/3]
Transaction successfully finished.
[blablabla ~]$ 

Apologies for such a long copy-paste. Not really sure what is going onā€¦ Almost looks like I have the wrong kernel for this driver?

If itā€™s of interest, here the output of inxi -Fxzi on the x96 Max+ running with Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-ohc4-22.06.img.xz + meson-sm1-h96-max.dtb:

[blablabla ~]$ inxi -Fxzi
System:
  Kernel: 5.18.5-1-MANJARO-ARM-ODROID arch: aarch64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc
    v: 12.1.0 Desktop: KDE Plasma v: 5.25.2 Distro: Manjaro ARM
    base: Arch Linux
Machine:
  Type: ARM System: Shenzhen Haochuangyi Technology Co., Ltd H96 Max
    details: N/A
CPU:
  Info: quad core model: N/A variant: cortex-a55 bits: 64 type: MCP
    arch: ARMv8 rev: 0
  Speed (MHz): avg: 1908 min/max: 1000/1908 cores: 1: 1908 2: 1908 3: 1908
    4: 1908 bogomips: N/A
  Features: Use -f option to see features
Graphics:
  Device-1: meson-g12a-vpu driver: meson_drm v: N/A bus-ID: N/A
  Device-2: meson-g12a-mali driver: panfrost v: kernel bus-ID: N/A
  Device-3: meson-g12a-dw-hdmi driver: meson_dw_hdmi v: N/A bus-ID: N/A
  Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 21.1.3 with: Xwayland v: 22.1.2 driver: X:
    loaded: modesetting gpu: meson_drm,panfrost,meson_dw_hdmi
    resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
  OpenGL: renderer: Mali-G31 (Panfrost) v: 3.1 Mesa 22.1.3
    direct render: Yes
Audio:
  Device-1: meson-g12a-dw-hdmi driver: meson_dw_hdmi bus-ID: N/A
  Device-2: axg-sound-card driver: axg_sound_card bus-ID: N/A
  Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.18.5-1-MANJARO-ARM-ODROID running: yes
  Sound Server-2: JACK v: 1.9.21 running: no
  Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 16.1 running: no
  Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.53 running: yes
Network:
  Device-1: meson-g12a-dwmac driver: meson8b_dwmac v: N/A port: N/A
    bus-ID: N/A
  IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
  IP v4: <filter> type: dynamic noprefixroute scope: global
  IP v6: <filter> type: noprefixroute scope: link
  Device-2: pwm-clock driver: pwm_clock v: N/A port: N/A bus-ID: N/A
  IF-ID-1: ip6tnl0 state: down mac: <filter>
  WAN IP: <filter>
Bluetooth:
  Device-1: meson-gx-uart driver: meson_uart bus-ID: N/A
  Report: rfkill ID: hci0 rfk-id: 0 state: up address: see --recommends
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 87.36 GiB used: 6.27 GiB (7.2%)
  ID-1: /dev/mmcblk0 vendor: SanDisk model: SD64G size: 58.24 GiB
  ID-2: /dev/mmcblk1 vendor: Toshiba model: 032G74 size: 29.12 GiB
Partition:
  ID-1: / size: 56.8 GiB used: 6.21 GiB (10.9%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/mmcblk0p2
  ID-2: /boot size: 457.5 MiB used: 62.8 MiB (13.7%) fs: vfat
    dev: /dev/mmcblk0p1
Swap:
  ID-1: swap-1 type: zram size: 5.53 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) dev: /dev/zram0
Sensors:
  System Temperatures: cpu: 66.5 C mobo: N/A
  Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Info:
  Processes: 191 Uptime: 2h 2m Memory: 3.69 GiB used: 1.56 GiB (42.2%)
  Init: systemd Compilers: gcc: 12.1.0 Packages: 714 Shell: Bash v: 5.1.16
  inxi: 3.3.19

@ ptword

Its possible to modify the ARM generic image to chainload mainline uboot like earlier VIM3 images.

ARM generic image has fat boot partition needed for Android to boot Linux.

Manage to boot all of my TVBOXES this way.

I know the Gt king pro image, gskingx and am6 images is possible to boot and have successfully used AM6.

But some tvboxes may need chainload to boot.

1. Download Generic ARM image ( I tested Xfce)
  2. Burn to SDCARD
  3. Download files her
  4. Copy files and folder to root BOOT_MNJRO (sdcard)
  5. Edit BOOT_MNJRO/extlinux/extlinux.conf
LABEL Manjaro ARM
KERNEL /Image
#FDTDIR
FDT /dtbs/amlogic/"YOUR DTB FILE"

You can test different U-boot and DTBs if the on setup are not working.
Rename u-boot-XXYY.bin to u-boot.ext

1. Insert sdcard and hold inn button i A/V port to activate multi-boot and loading of u-boot first time power on.

Sound are not working , you have to manual setup this.

Tested on X96 max plus (s905x3) using meson-sm1-x96maxplus-100M-mainline.dtb found in folder Downloaded , copy to dtbs/amlogic folder.

Edit extlinux.conf
FDT /dtbs/amlogic/meson-sm1-x96maxplus-100M-mainline.dtb

2 Likes

Appreciate the detail @gausus . This is all very helpful. Iā€™ve figured out how to do some of this. The AM6 boots fine with uEnv.ini so itā€™s easier. Never seen one of the DTBs youā€™re sharing. Might give it a go. I downloaded everything, but, right now, Iā€™m so happy with my current KDE install that I donā€™t feel like chasing anymoreā€¦ Unless thereā€™s a surefire way to get wifi working on the x96 Max+ (preferably, without compromising elsewhere) because thatā€™s critical for what I plan to do with this device. But Iā€™m confident I can get it to work somehow.

1 Like

Wifi X96max+ (s905x3) FIX.

Spikerguy made a update to package dkms-rtl8822cs some time ago.
It will not work on newer kernels.
Maybe Spikerguy will fix it for newer kernel or remove the packaged as it no longer work.

You need to use linux-aml kernel 5.13 to get it working.
And install some dependencies.

sudo pacman -S linux-aml linux-aml-headers make bc

I used this DTB file.
meson-sm1-x96maxplus-100M-mainline.dtb

REBOOT

Then download this updated Wifi driver.
dkms-rtl8822cs-2020.11.20-3-any.pkg.tar.zst

CD to folder downloaded.

sudo pacman -U dkms-rtl8822cs-2020.11.20-3-any.pkg.tar.zst
sudo modprobe 88x2cs

REBOOT

iw list

Summary
Wiphy phy0
	wiphy index: 0
	max # scan SSIDs: 9
	max scan IEs length: 2304 bytes
	max # sched scan SSIDs: 0
	max # match sets: 0
	Retry short limit: 7
	Retry long limit: 4
	Coverage class: 0 (up to 0m)
	Supported Ciphers:
		* WEP40 (00-0f-ac:1)
		* WEP104 (00-0f-ac:5)
		* TKIP (00-0f-ac:2)
		* CCMP-128 (00-0f-ac:4)
		* CMAC (00-0f-ac:6)
	Available Antennas: TX 0 RX 0
	Supported interface modes:
		 * IBSS
		 * managed
		 * AP
		 * P2P-client
		 * P2P-GO
	Band 1:
		Capabilities: 0x1963
			RX LDPC
			HT20/HT40
			Static SM Power Save
			RX HT20 SGI
			RX HT40 SGI
			RX STBC 1-stream
			Max AMSDU length: 7935 bytes
			DSSS/CCK HT40
		Maximum RX AMPDU length 65535 bytes (exponent: 0x003)
		Minimum RX AMPDU time spacing: 16 usec (0x07)
		HT Max RX data rate: 300 Mbps
		HT TX/RX MCS rate indexes supported: 0-15
		Bitrates (non-HT):
			* 1.0 Mbps
			* 2.0 Mbps
			* 5.5 Mbps
			* 11.0 Mbps
			* 6.0 Mbps
			* 9.0 Mbps
			* 12.0 Mbps
			* 18.0 Mbps
			* 24.0 Mbps
			* 36.0 Mbps
			* 48.0 Mbps
			* 54.0 Mbps
		Frequencies:
			* 2412 MHz [1] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2417 MHz [2] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2422 MHz [3] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2427 MHz [4] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2432 MHz [5] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2437 MHz [6] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2442 MHz [7] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2447 MHz [8] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2452 MHz [9] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2457 MHz [10] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2462 MHz [11] (20.0 dBm)
			* 2467 MHz [12] (20.0 dBm) (no IR)
			* 2472 MHz [13] (20.0 dBm) (no IR)
			* 2484 MHz [14] (disabled)
	Band 2:
		Capabilities: 0x1863
			RX LDPC
			HT20/HT40
			Static SM Power Save
			RX HT20 SGI
			RX HT40 SGI
			No RX STBC
			Max AMSDU length: 7935 bytes
			DSSS/CCK HT40
		Maximum RX AMPDU length 65535 bytes (exponent: 0x003)
		Minimum RX AMPDU time spacing: 16 usec (0x07)
		HT Max RX data rate: 300 Mbps
		HT TX/RX MCS rate indexes supported: 0-15
		VHT Capabilities (0x03d071b2):
			Max MPDU length: 11454
			Supported Channel Width: neither 160 nor 80+80
			RX LDPC
			short GI (80 MHz)
			TX STBC
			SU Beamformee
			MU Beamformee
			+HTC-VHT
		VHT RX MCS set:
			1 streams: MCS 0-9
			2 streams: MCS 0-9
			3 streams: not supported
			4 streams: not supported
			5 streams: not supported
			6 streams: not supported
			7 streams: not supported
			8 streams: not supported
		VHT RX highest supported: 867 Mbps
		VHT TX MCS set:
			1 streams: MCS 0-9
			2 streams: MCS 0-9
			3 streams: not supported
			4 streams: not supported
			5 streams: not supported
			6 streams: not supported
			7 streams: not supported
			8 streams: not supported
		VHT TX highest supported: 867 Mbps
		VHT extended NSS: not supported
		Bitrates (non-HT):
			* 6.0 Mbps
			* 9.0 Mbps
			* 12.0 Mbps
			* 18.0 Mbps
			* 24.0 Mbps
			* 36.0 Mbps
			* 48.0 Mbps
			* 54.0 Mbps
		Frequencies:
			* 5180 MHz [36] (30.0 dBm)
			* 5200 MHz [40] (30.0 dBm)
			* 5220 MHz [44] (30.0 dBm)
			* 5240 MHz [48] (30.0 dBm)
			* 5260 MHz [52] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5280 MHz [56] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5300 MHz [60] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5320 MHz [64] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5500 MHz [100] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5520 MHz [104] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5540 MHz [108] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5560 MHz [112] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5580 MHz [116] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5600 MHz [120] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5620 MHz [124] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5640 MHz [128] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5660 MHz [132] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5680 MHz [136] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5700 MHz [140] (30.0 dBm) (no IR, radar detection)
			* 5720 MHz [144] (disabled)
			* 5745 MHz [149] (30.0 dBm)
			* 5765 MHz [153] (30.0 dBm)
			* 5785 MHz [157] (30.0 dBm)
			* 5805 MHz [161] (30.0 dBm)
			* 5825 MHz [165] (30.0 dBm)
			* 5845 MHz [169] (disabled)
			* 5865 MHz [173] (disabled)
			* 5885 MHz [177] (disabled)
	Supported commands:
		 * new_interface
		 * set_interface
		 * new_key
		 * start_ap
		 * new_station
		 * set_bss
		 * join_ibss
		 * set_pmksa
		 * del_pmksa
		 * flush_pmksa
		 * remain_on_channel
		 * frame
		 * set_channel
		 * connect
		 * disconnect
	WoWLAN support:
		 * wake up on anything (device continues operating normally)
	software interface modes (can always be added):
	interface combinations are not supported
	Device supports SAE with AUTHENTICATE command
	Device supports scan flush.
	max # scan plans: 1
	max scan plan interval: -1
	max scan plan iterations: 0
	Supported TX frame types:
		 * IBSS: 0x00 0x10 0x20 0x30 0x40 0x50 0x60 0x70 0x80 0x90 0xa0 0xb0 0xc0 0xd0 0xe0 0xf0
		 * managed: 0x00 0x10 0x20 0x30 0x40 0x50 0x60 0x70 0x80 0x90 0xa0 0xb0 0xc0 0xd0 0xe0 0xf0
		 * AP: 0x00 0x10 0x20 0x30 0x40 0x50 0x60 0x70 0x80 0x90 0xa0 0xb0 0xc0 0xd0 0xe0 0xf0
		 * AP/VLAN: 0x00 0x10 0x20 0x30 0x40 0x50 0x60 0x70 0x80 0x90 0xa0 0xb0 0xc0 0xd0 0xe0 0xf0
		 * P2P-client: 0x00 0x10 0x20 0x30 0x40 0x50 0x60 0x70 0x80 0x90 0xa0 0xb0 0xc0 0xd0 0xe0 0xf0
		 * P2P-GO: 0x00 0x10 0x20 0x30 0x40 0x50 0x60 0x70 0x80 0x90 0xa0 0xb0 0xc0 0xd0 0xe0 0xf0
	Supported RX frame types:
		 * IBSS: 0xd0
		 * managed: 0x40 0xb0 0xd0
		 * AP: 0x00 0x20 0x40 0xa0 0xb0 0xc0 0xd0
		 * AP/VLAN: 0x00 0x20 0x40 0xa0 0xb0 0xc0 0xd0
		 * P2P-client: 0x40 0xd0
		 * P2P-GO: 0x00 0x20 0x40 0xa0 0xb0 0xc0 0xd0

inxi -F -n -xxxx

Summary
System:
  Host: x96max Kernel: 5.13.0-1-MANJARO-ARM arch: aarch64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0
    Console: pty pts/0 DM: LightDM v: 1.30.0 Distro: Manjaro ARM base: Arch Linux
Machine:
  Type: ARM System: SEI Robotics SEI610 details: N/A
CPU:
  Info: quad core model: N/A variant: cortex-a55 bits: 64 type: MCP smt: <unsupported>
    arch: ARMv8 rev: 0
  Speed (MHz): avg: 1908 min/max: 100/1908 cores: 1: 1908 2: 1908 3: 1908 4: 1908 bogomips: N/A
  Features: Use -f option to see features
Graphics:
  Device-1: meson-g12a-vpu driver: meson_drm v: N/A bus-ID: N/A chip-ID: amlogic:ff900000
    class-ID: vpu
  Device-2: meson-g12a-mali driver: panfrost v: kernel bus-ID: N/A chip-ID: amlogic:ffe40000
    class-ID: gpu
  Device-3: meson-g12a-dw-hdmi driver: meson_dw_hdmi v: N/A bus-ID: N/A
    chip-ID: amlogic:ff600000 class-ID: hdmi-tx
  Display: x11 server: X.org v: 1.21.1.3 compositor: xfwm driver: X: loaded: modesetting
    alternate: fbdev gpu: meson_drm,panfrost,meson_dw_hdmi tty: 156x36
  Monitor-1: HDMI-A-1 model: Samsung LS24AG32x serial: H9JRC01012 res: 1920x1080 dpi: 93
    size: 527x296mm (20.75x11.65") diag: 604mm (23.8") modes: max: 1920x1080 min: 640x480
Audio:
  Device-1: meson-g12a-dw-hdmi driver: meson_dw_hdmi bus-ID: N/A chip-ID: amlogic:ff600000
    bus-ID: 1-1:2 chip-ID: 1915:1012 class-ID: hdmi-tx class-ID: 0300
  Device-2: axg-sound-card driver: axg_sound_card bus-ID: N/A chip-ID: amlogic:sound
    class-ID: sound
  Device-3: 123 COM Smart Control type: USB driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid
  Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.13.0-1-MANJARO-ARM running: yes
  Sound Server-2: JACK v: 1.9.21 running: no
  Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 16.1 running: no
  Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.53 running: yes
Network:
  Device-1: meson-axg-dwmac driver: meson8b_dwmac v: N/A port: N/A bus-ID: N/A
    chip-ID: amlogic:ff3f0000 class-ID: ethernet
  IF: eth0 state: down mac: 5e:39:7a:8f:2c:aa
  Device-2: pwm-clock driver: pwm_clock v: N/A port: N/A bus-ID: N/A chip-ID: pwm-clock:wifi32k
    class-ID: wifi32k
  IF-ID-1: ip6tnl0 state: down mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00
  IF-ID-2: wlan0 state: up mac: c4:3a:35:f3:62:9d
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 148.5 GiB used: 4.88 GiB (3.3%)
  ID-1: /dev/mmcblk1 model: ED2S5 size: 119.38 GiB type: SSD serial: 0xa2425daf scheme: GPT
  ID-2: /dev/mmcblk2 vendor: HP model: DF4032 size: 29.12 GiB type: SSD serial: 0xadc88d6a
    rev: 0x8 scheme: MBR
Partition:
  ID-1: / size: 116.99 GiB used: 4.82 GiB (4.1%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/mmcblk1p2
  ID-2: /boot size: 486.7 MiB used: 61.7 MiB (12.7%) fs: vfat dev: /dev/mmcblk1p1
Swap:
  ID-1: swap-1 type: zram size: 5.53 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) priority: 100 dev: /dev/zram0
Sensors:
  System Temperatures: cpu: 62.8 C mobo: N/A
  Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Info:
  Processes: 196 Uptime: 34m Memory: 3.69 GiB used: 749.2 MiB (19.9%) Init: systemd v: 251
  default: graphical Compilers: gcc: 12.1.0 Packages: pacman: 700 Shell: Bash v: 5.1.16
  running-in: pty pts/0 (SSH) inxi: 3.3.19

The driver is unstable and sometimes drop connections.
looks like 5 Ghz more stable then 2 Ghz

journalctl -f -p 4

Summary
Jul 21 17:34:18 x96max kernel: rtl88x2cs mmc0:0001:1: MAC register:
Jul 21 17:34:18 x96max kernel: mmc0: tuning execution failed: -5
Jul 21 17:34:18 x96max kernel: rtl88x2cs mmc0:0001:1: rtw_sdio_raw_read: sdio read failed (-84)
Jul 21 17:34:18 x96max kernel: rtl88x2cs mmc0:0001:1: rtw_sdio: READ use CMD53
Jul 21 17:34:18 x96max kernel: rtl88x2cs mmc0:0001:1: rtw_sdio: READ from 0x0e001, 60416 bytes
Jul 21 17:34:18 x96max kernel: rtw_sdio: READ 00000000: 14 0c c4 00 04 b0 00 21 c4 04 89 80 18 10 13 00
Jul 21 17:34:18 x96max kernel: rtw_sdio: READ 00000010: 00 16 fe 3f d3 19 38 04 31 3d 7b 6f 3a 39 7c 78

Nice tool to test your Wifi
From terminal run:

curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py | python -

1 Like

Actually, on the x96 Max+, wifi will work on the 5.16 kernel. Got it working with the 22.03 version of the AM6 Plus image (KDE) after installing bc and linux-khadas-headers. Unfortunately, my experience was similar to @TheMojoMan in that I stumbled upon odd graphical issues. It didnā€™t run very stable. Bluetooth also wouldnā€™t work even after switching to the H96 Max DTB. I could try the XFCE version, but I strongly prefer KDE. Used same DTB he used - meson-sm1-x96maxplus-vim1000m.dtb. I keep forgetting to try the meson-sm1-x96maxplus-100M-mainline.dtb.

Plan to try the Odroid HC4 22.04 image soon. Hopefully, it will have the 5.16 kernel. My observation is that the x96 Max+ tends to run more stable and with far less hiccups with the Odroid images that boot successfully. Maybe not necessarily the snappiest, but less erratic behavior. The only odd issue Iā€™ve found in my preferred combination (22.06 HC4 KDE image + H96 Max DTB) besides the occasional mouse flickering is that the color mapping isnā€™t quite accurate. The whites are clipped. I think this can be easily solved with some sRGB color management package, though. Other than that, runs rock solid. Also, works fine as a usbip host over ethernet.

The occassional mouse flickering on my device (GT King Pro) is when I am on Xorg session only and rock steady mouse pointer/cursor on Wayland Sessision ā€“ Gnome or KDE Plasma Wayland now works very well and surprisingly Gnome and KDE now uses about the same RAM resources as XFCE on boot up (Gnome <450 MB and KDE Plasma around 550 MB).

1 Like

Hello All

I am thrilled to announce that now my Mecool K3 Pro ( Mecool kiii Pro) working
with image Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-gtking-pro-20220718.img.xz.
The image is still bit slow.

I am able to get both Bluetooth and Onboard Wifi working after adding below files from the LibreELEC branch

• BCM4335A0.hcd
  • BCM4335B0.hcd
  • brcmfmac4335-sdio.bin
  • brcmfmac4335-sdio.txt

I did try the commands in post 1336 by gausus above but it did not bring up the wifi/Blutooth.
May be it helped resolve other issues not sure but now after adding these 4 files to /lib/firmware/brcm Both Wifi and Bluetooth working fine.

1 Like

Is this amlogic S912 soc with T820 gpu and also have dvb tuner with T2/S2 support?