Manjaro ARM for Rockchip TV Boxes

Hi Guys, As per @spikerguy suggestion. I make this topic about booting Manjaro Arm on Rockchip TV Boxes.

So, I want to boot Manjaro Arm for my “H96 Max RK3399” box. I have tried the image RockPro64 and Rock Pi 4c, but couldn’t boot.

I also noticed that in Armbian I cannot boot from the official image, however using Balbes150 image and u-boot “u-boot-rk3399-nanopc-t4” does the trick. I download it from here: RK_AML_AW — Yandex.Disk
However, when I applied that to the Manjaro Image, it broke my SD Card Partition.

I also noticed that Armbian Reforge is working out of the box. But Twister OS Beta for both Armbian and Manjaro Arm do not work.

I addition, I can also boot in Libreelec OOTB by using the Rockpro64 image.

Help would be appreciated,

Many Thanks,
rna

1 Like

Hello,

Please build an image for Nano PC T4 as it is supported in Manjaro ARM Installer

It should work if the TV box is similar to T4.

Try that and let us know.

Good Luck.

How to do this?

Is there any guide to use this installer?

Hi,

look here, the links bottom …

1 Like

Here you have my image with the latest kernel that runs on aml and rk

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13o1S4G5Z3QSoWHrFcC_WPkcFDihUului?usp=sharing

I hope can be downloaded

Thanks for your image, but unfortunately it cannot boot to RK3399. Even though after changing the dtb, it didn’t boot.

Have you tried with sdcard+usb?

yes, it doesn’t boot

I have built nanopc t4 image for you to try. Find it here: ‪images‬‏ - Google Drive

Password is 1234

Wait to boot 5 minutes at least. Your box seems to do very slowly with 5.x kernel.

Good luck

1 Like

Thanks for the image, but unfortunately it just boots in black screen.

I have no cpu frequency driver for rk3328 and cpupower doesn’t work. Acpi-cpufreq module is not in kernel directory and modprobe fails to load it.

How can I get this module?

I have uploaded an image for rk3328 with boot for someone to try. It’s the vim3 and works in mine with video and sound.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13o1S4G5Z3QSoWHrFcC_WPkcFDihUului?usp=sharing

You can add another boot following Add u-boot to SD card of balbes150 thread in librelec forum. But this is risky as you can wipe your hardisk.

I have tried a better way to change the boot but image doesn’t fit.