Manjaro ARM Beta4 with Plasma-Mobile (PinePhone)

Also wanted to run sudo pacman -Syyu and I get asked if I want to replace this and replace that. Not sure what to do? YES/NO to everything?

Whenever an update asks to replace anything, they are recommended by the packagers (here, Manjaro) to replace, so YES is recommended.

1 Like

Can you please add iptable_raw and ip6table_raw kernel modules? I think wg-quick needs it.

It depends. My new PP has arrived 2021-05-13 11:28 :partying_face: = PinePhone v1.2b [https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#Hardware_revisions] with arm-stable [https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Pacman-mirrors#What_branch_am_I_on].

I see. I am still lost on exactly how I can check what version I am running.

Versions of what?

• Linux kernel - uname -a (manpage)
  • application - usually <AplicationName> --version (e.g. firefox --version)
  • Manjarno branch - pacman-mirrors --get-branch (ref)
  • version x branch

But I think the problem is updating vs. flushing. Have a look at this thread.
There is no way to find out from a running system which image (stable and unstable branch) was used when flashing, I’m afraid.

Not sure but I think Dev release uses kde-unstable. Please check if you have

[kde-unstable]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

in /etc/pacman.conf.

When might the Plamo Beta 5 be expected?

Soon™. :wink:

3 Likes

I knew better than to ask, sometimes I do things that defy rationality. :smiley:

Regarding the known Wi-Fi issues.

When I got my Beta Edition phone I had issues to connect to my Wi-Fi during the initial setup while WPA3 was enabled. When I switched it to WPA2-only the connection worked just fine.

After updating the system via Discover I re-enabled WPA3 and it connected just fine.

I didn’t try WPA3 again before I ran the update. So the issue might be fixed by a newer package or might only apply to the setup wizard.

1 Like

I installed a nightly build. Not sure which, but just completed pacman -Syyu, so am assuming I have the latest builds now?

When I set an alarm, it doesn’t trigger until after i press the power button. I also sometime notice the clock isn’t right for a split second. I assume the 2 issues are related?

How do I access /etc/pacman.conf? Where is that located?

Sometimes my alarm on mine wont trigger unless I tap the screen. Other times it works fine haha.

@Iwanttolinux It seems a lot are there to explain. Please open a new topic in Plasma Mobile category, explaining the issue or question in detail, so that we can have a separate discussion dedicated to your issue only.

Quick answer for this question

Here, the file is “pacman.conf” and the path where it is located is “/etc/”.

There are many ways to access a file. One is through a file manager (In plasma mobile, the default file manager preinstalled is Index) opening the file in the proper path, other easier and faster way is using a terminal command like cat.

In this case, you can use:

cat /etc/pacman.conf

To find for only the required text in this file if it exists:

cat /etc/pacman.conf | grep -A1 "\[kde-unstable\]"

I had the same problem. It seemed to help to change the “playback device” to “internal speaker” in “Settings → Audio”. (was on “earpiece”, I think)

Wireguard is working now. Thank you very much.

A very good evening to you all.

I have some questions:

1. where can I report bugs related to plasma mobile packages?

2. Is there a way to backup the Contacts?

3. Is there a way to prevent Bluetooth from being suspended?

see first posting in this thread.