The Manjaro ARM project is proud to announce our twenty fifth BETA release for the PinePhone running Phosh!
Those images run the 5.18 kernel from Megi.
- Firefox uses a dedicated configuration and plays videos on Youtube pretty well
- Camera app with access to back and front camera, including autofocus (only PinePhone)
- Auto-Rotate function and manual rotate
- Welcome wizard for easy setup of the device
- We have now a working Torch in the quick-access-menu
- Prime phone functions working, including resume from deep-sleep and free speaking
- Recording of audio works
- Most applications got added to
- Haptic feedback functions are given
- Optimized keyboard layout for terminal
- Maps working with geolocate
- Volume buttons working
- Sensors fully functional
- Easy access to Bluetooth, Wlan, Rotate and Mobile functions via quick settings
- Default branch is
arm-stable. This can be changed by editing
- usage of callaudiod for better audio experience with calls
- This image uses a Crust enabled uboot
- Pipewire got updated to 0.3.53
- Chatty is at 0.6.7
- Pamac and libpamac got renewed
- systemd is updated to 251.2
- xorg-xwayland is at 22.1.2
- update of glibc-locales including C.UTF-8
- Gstreamer is at 1.20.3
- Networkmanager got updated to 1.38.2
- PulseAudio is renewed to 16.1
- Phosh got renewed to 0.20.0-beta2 and Phoc to 0.21.0-beta1
Squeekboard bumped to 1.18.0
- introduced a regression with Terminal App (kgx/gnome-console)
Kernel got updated to 5.18.9
- PPP: Add support for applying Type-C plug orientation correctly to Rockchip Type-C PHY from the DWC3 USB driver.
- PPP: Enable processing the highest resolution of the IMX258 sensor via RKISP10.
- this includes also fixes for PPP cameras to make them work with ppp-cam testing app
- Gnome-Console replaces kgx
- ModemManager got updated to 1.18.10 incl. fix for sms added: fix spliting messages into chunks in gsm7 encoding
- MegaPixels is at 1.5.1
- Firefox got updated to 102.0
- eg25-manager gains udev support for the custom firmware
- modemmanager got
- phosh-antispam got updated to 2.1.1
- gjs update fixed the js91 issue
- some Gnome packages to renewed to 42.3 release
- Mesa is at 22.1.3
A detailed list of package changes can be found here.
- GPS may not work as it should
- During a Call the Mic can’t be muted on Pinephone
- Cameras are not accessible to users on PinephonePro
- UI becomes unresponsive after a while.
- Doing a recording may result in noisy audio savings
- Lots of apps are still missing or are not mobile friendly yet.
About the device:
Perhaps you’re in a line of work where security is a must, or a hard-core Linux enthusiast, or perhaps you’ve just got enough of Android and iOS and you’re ready for something else – the PinePhone may be the next Phone for you. Powered by the same Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53 64-Bit SOC used in our popular PINE A64 Single Board Computer, the PinePhone runs mainline Linux as well as anything else you’ll get it to run.
The purpose of the PinePhone isn’t only to deliver a functioning Linux phone to end-users, but also to actively create a market for such a device, as well as to support existing and well established Linux-on-Phone projects. All major Linux Phone-oriented projects, as well as other FOSS OS’, are represented on the PinePhone and developers work together on our platform to bring support this this community driven device.
Pinephones Beta Edition are still on stock. Visit the Pine64 Store
How to install:
Download the image/xz file from the download location. Verify that the download completed successfully.
After that, install Etcher (
sudo pacman -S etcher if on Manjaro) and burn the to an SD card (8 GB or larger).
The PinePhone should recognize the SD card as a bootable device and boot from it.
The premade users are:
We will list our progress to Beta26 here
- Beta25 (2022-07-12) Download
- based on stable branch
- Dev (2022-07-30) Download
- based on unstable branch
- Pipewire got updated to 0.3.56
- added some patches by purism to callaudiod
- eg25-manager 0.4.4 allows different attribute values for the community firmware
- Firefox is at 103.0
- more Gnome 42 updates
- Kernel is now at 5.18.15
- Mesa is at 22.1.4
- Phosh and Phoc gained more patches
- squeekboard got renewed to 1.19.0
- Systemd now at 251.3
- uboot got updated to 2022.07 for Pinephone while kept at 2022.04 for PinephonePro
- Dev (2022-08-08) Download