Manjaro ARM Beta12 with Phosh (PinePhone)

With USB C, there’s no such thing as “right side up”. If the drive is only working one way, either the drive or the port is faulty.

Thanks for the reply. I will confirm the observation. I could be mistaken.

That’s the theory. But i remember someone presented a cheap usb-c connected display, and said in the video that it only works with the connector in one position due to some issued with negotiation. Concluded that at the current state of pinephone usb superposition still exists with some devices.

edit: it was the pinebook pro, but the issue is the same

In my experience in playing with various docks:

• sometimes, the PineBook only works in one single cable orientation (troubles negociating which lanes used for USB3 and which lanes used for Display Port), try flipping the USB-C connector the other side up.

Yeah i should have just read the known issues :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello there,

I’ve manually updated to beta 12 (via pacman -Syyu).
The modem definitely seems more stable now, it’s not randomly dropping the mobile connection anymore.

But calls are still hit and miss. every now and then they don’t ring, they come in (cause i can see missed calls in the call log) but don’t ring, they might vibrate tough but i’m not sure.

I’ve read here(old thread) that the modem manager does the following:

1. wake up modem
  2. establish WiFi
  3. establish mobile connection

Is that the case and if so could that cause a problem?

just thought I’d give my previous questions a bump.
Can anyone comment on network manager and/or appimagelauncher?
Between here and the pine forum I have not found answers yet.
Thank you much! :slight_smile:

I want to say that Anbox is broke again after the newest unstable release that was released earlier today.

Speaking of Anbox - any news for Manjaro Phosh on implementing WayDroid?

Thanks,

Seems that after the last update I have all calls missed in the sleep mode again. The phone wakes from sleep, but no ring is going, no call screen appears and after manual unblocking of the phone there is no information about some incoming/missed call.
Can anyone else confirm the same experience?

You can do this:

sudo pacman -U https://danctnix.arikawa-hi.me/waydroid-20210730-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz

• Add binder.devices=“anbox-binder,anbox-hwbinder,anbox-vndbinder,binder,hwbinder,vndbinder” to the /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf file after rootwait or if you have /boot/boot.txt in that file
  • run /boot/mkscr if you had editied /boot/boot.txt
  • reboot
  • start Waydroid using sudo waydroid-start
  • for stopping it use sudo waydroid-stop
2 Likes

Thanks for the writeup,

Ill try again tonight but on first attempt - i broke /boot/boot.txt and had to remake the mksrc file on my Manjaro desktop with uboot-tools with the following command. Phone wouldnt boot but its back up and working.

mkimage -A arm -O linux -T script -C none -n "U-Boot boot script" -d boot.txt boot.scr

Can confirm have same issue after the update. SMS working ok its just calls.

I’m using stable. After an update yesterday, Anbox is broken for me too. Don’t know what’s wrong this time. The splash screen appears and ten or more seconds later it disappears. Is this project Manjaro Phosh for the Pinephone still alive?

Since I flashed Beta 12 I have problems with sound stop working. Usually after in- or outgoing calls. In the sound settings then there are no profiles (i believe it’s called in english) anymore. Only obvious way to fix it is rebooting. Sometimes doing another call fixes it, too. I found a few reports from April with apparently the same problem. The solution there was to replace the the config files in /etc/pipewire with the .pacnew versions. But at my phone the whole /etc/pipewire directory is non-existent. Has someone the same problem, or even better, a solution?

I have a few times encountered this and solved it like you, by rebooting.

I lost sound after every call. So I’ve installed pulseaudio and pulseaudio-bluetooth (this removed pipewire-pulse) and since then it works.

After this update playing gnome podcasts starts the sound from the earpeace speaker, I was able to change to the big speaker on audio settings.
I just saw the beta 13 on github was released, to update to it do we just need to run sudo pacman -Syu or reflash the new image?

I have the same problem. I restart the phone 4-5 times a day

For me anbox broke too. My problem was with lxc. So i could fix it by downgrading lxc to a version from January. What is your output of anbox session-manager from a terminal from the phone (not through ssh).

Command anbox-session-manager gives a lot of output. Typing over the most relevant parts:

• keyboard layout unknown, … lots of code =, sym =, scancode = lines
  • [ ] [client.cpp:48@start] Failed to start container: Failed to start container: Failed to set config item lxc.group.devices.deny
  • Other messages related to not running container

It does seem related to lxc. Is this the output you saw too? If so I must check the command to downgrade lxc. Thanks for your response @Planter. I hope this gets fixed for others in the package repository.

Yes, this looks like my output too, so hopefully the downgrade should work for you too. Do you have axolotl or vakzination installed by any chance?

No, axolotl and vakzination not installed. Checked it using pacman -Q | grep …