Manjaro ARM Beta 11 with Plasma Mobile (PinePhone / PinePhone Pro)

Thanks for the hints.

However, after installing gpsd I try to get info with:

sudo mmcli -m 0 --location-get

which throws the error:

error: modem not enabled yet

when typing:

sudo mmcli -m 0

I see:

Status   |                   state: failed
           |           failed reason: sim-missing

So I tried to enable the modem somehow:

sudo mmcli -m any -e

but getting:

error: couldn't enable the modem: 'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.WrongState: modem in failed state'

Do I need to install custom kernel from megi?
and if yes, how would I do this…
…guess its a known issue.

Specs:
PinephonePro, ManjaroDev, Modem firmware 0.6.5

Is your SIM inserted and detected correctly?

no sim inserted.

I need to use the PinePhonePro without SIM since travelling all over the globe…
Looking for a script to enable modem even if there is no SIM.

Edit:

Just inserted an old, deactivated SIM and this does not throw a modem error… so I can start digging on GPS stuff with this workaround :slight_smile:

Yeah. As GPS is a modem feature, it needs a SIM inserted to function.

ok, GPS seems to work now, will do some outdoor tests coming weekend, thanks for all the hints!

Something else: How can I install megis custom kernel ?
want to use the camera app but struggling with installing the kernel (did copy all the files to /boot and /lib).

The Pinephone and Pinephone Pro kernels in Manjaro are based on Megis source. So you already have Megis kernel.

So I could test the GPS with a “outdated” SIM card and it works well.
But after deep sleep the modem is not running anymore and I have to reboot to get coordinates again.

Can someone confirm this with an active SIM?
Not sure if this is a Manjaro/Plasma issue or an issue to be reported on the modem firmware (0.6.6)

So I could test the GPS with a “outdated” SIM card and it works well.
But after deep sleep the modem is not running anymore and I have to reboot to get coordinates again.

Can someone confirm this with an active SIM?
Not sure if this is a Manjaro/Plasma issue or an issue to be reported on the modem firmware (0.6.6)
same issue please someone test it with active sim so I know.

for more info see here:

and here:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Passwordsafe issues

Is it time to switch to Manjaro Phosh on PinePhonePro?

Are just no releasing any new Plasma KDE images/builds or is Phosh just moving way faster forward?

You shouldn’t need to re-install the OS each time there is an update.
There will be an updated image soon, when the new Plasma stuff gets into stable branch.

1 Like

Why are binder and ashmem modules not added to the kernel by default? Can’t even install them via dkms

Binder is built into the kernel. Ashmem no longer exists from kernel 5.18 and above. Software should be able to use memfd (I think it’s called) instead.

1 Like

Hmm okay, but Waydroid is still missing ashmem. Maybe I have an outdated version. memfd is present

According to this issue on waydroid, if ashmem is not found it should automatically use memfd.

Hmm doesn’t work. Guess I just have to be patient

Same for me. Clients connect but no data is transferred. Checked for default route and nameservers but I can’t get it to work. Also I can’t find documentation about restoration of defaults. file permissions or involved services.

See my post here for info about why hotspot doesn’t work.