Manjaro ARM 23.02 released!

does buildarmimg broken, after build sway rpi4, its 150M only?

Do you have logs?

sudo buildarmimg -d rpi4 -e sway -v 2023.5.13 -b testing

==> Creating sway edition rootfs image for rpi4...
  -> Extracting aarch64 rootfs...
  -> Setting up keyrings...
  -> Setting branch to testing...

==> Installing packages for sway edition on rpi4...
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core downloading...
 extra downloading...
 community downloading...
warning: systemd-libs-253.3-3 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: curl-8.0.1-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
warning: cannot resolve "libgit2.so=1.5-64", a dependency of "gitui"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
      gitui

:: Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N] 
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: unable to satisfy dependency 'libgit2.so=1.5-64' required by gitui
==> ERROR: Aborting...

I skipped gitui and got all the way to the end, but not completely successfully.

Reccommend you try it and report back?

Best
R

you can install 23.02-img & block gitui.
but still needed hundreds of M-byte update, we need new img to save bandwidth.

Also please a new image to solve the issue raised in

Best R

I am Using OPI800 (Orange pi 800), and everything looks good and doesn’t go to black screen due to upgrading keyrings like xfce and really like it on SD Card but also would love it if i could flash to /dev/mmcblklp2 instead of mmcblkl1boot0 and boot1
because it seems like it is scattered that way which makes it difficult and installing to boot0 i get

`Ready to flash: /run/media/oem/B4B2-1CBA/Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-opi-800-23.02.img.xz
Flashing /run/media/oem/B4B2-1CBA/Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-opi-800-23.02.img.xz to the /dev/mmcblk1boot0.
This process will take time..
Please wait patiently...
Compressed image size: 1.05 GiB (1125257312 B)

Exit code:   1
Exit status: 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/manjaro-arm-flasher", line 846, in showFlashComplete
    qApp.quit()
    ^^^^
NameError: name 'qApp' is not defined. Did you mean: 'app'?
Aborted
[oem@manjaro-arm bin]$ sudo ./manjaro-arm-flasher
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'

Hi everybody,
Why are these great images for GT-King not included in the general list of ARM devices here?
I use them, I’m very pleased with their work and I am very grateful to their author :+1: :smiley:

1 Like

These are development images. Normally we had bi-monthly releases of Manjaro ARM. This means all images listed in a release are tested by a Manjaro team member based on the hardware he owns. 23.02 was the last release we did for Manjaro ARM. Currently the developers continue to update packages and let the CI create development images. When we find time to test again a bunch of images we may release another stable release of Manjaro ARM.

1 Like

The existing images are magnificent! :+1:
They work fine on my TV-box GT-King (except WiFi, built-in microphone and standby mode).
They do not have a decent alternative!
Please don’t stop there, keep creating new images! :smiley:

1 Like

I found a terrible bug in this version :fearful: Who can I tell about this?

Do you believe it is security-relevant and should hence not be disclosed immediately? If not, why not just post it here?

Kevin_Kofler
I replied to you and posted my message along with screenshots. Why was it deleted? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Not really deleted. It had to do with the site being down for 2 days. Guessing a backup was restored as some of my posts are missing also.

Looking at your screen shots the issue had to do with firefox-esr not being compatible with that site.

1 Like

Yes, I also noticed that the site was unstable these days
Regarding the compatibility of the browser and the site.
On the Manjaro ARM, I use Firefox 115 ESR, and it displays the weather site in a distorted way.
But on Debian Intel 11/64, I also use Firefox 115 ESR, and it displays this weather site perfectly.
Why?

See what windy.com looks like.

Firefox ESR 115 and Chromium are working fine here!

Sounds like then there is an issue how the other site is interfacing with your browser. Since the 2 sites are similar I wonder if changing your browser user agent would make a difference.

I wondered if you could add the uconsole to the next version of the installer.
should not be too much trouble, the difference seems to be mostly the display (and the optional 4g module that not everyone has anyway)

I also wondered if it wouldn’t be better if the installer said “devterm a06” specifically, since afaik it doesn’t work with the other boards.

Thanks for the new update Manjaro ARM ! :+1: :beer: :beer:

1 Like