Manjaro 21.1 Pahvo Release is near

Used the Gnome minimalist ISO in kvm.

Error reported by @Sincide is gone.

Rebooting after install: the layout previews (the wireframes if that is a good name?) where almost impossible to see. After rebooting this behavior was gone, this could be a issue on my end tho.

Pleasantly surprised with the default snapshot when updating.

Layout switcher settings:

Dynamic wallpapaper open button does nothing, starting gnome-layout-switcher reveals the following when pressing the button:

/bin/sh: line 1: dynamic-wallpaper-editor: command not found

Enabling the window tiling option does not appear to do anything, the console reveals:

Extension ā€œpop-shell@system76.comā€ does not exist
Pop-shell was turned on

The tiling option on the layouts enables the material shell.
If the pop-shell will not be supported, the option could be temporarily removed?

Excellent work so far :+1:

Thatā€™s a known issue still being worked on.

Install dynamic-wallpaper-editor, itā€™s an optional dependency.

Install gnome-shell-extension-pop-shell, itā€™s also an optional dependency.

We were thinking of either creating a prompt to install missing packages or automatically installing them, but havenā€™t gotten around to it yet.

2 Likes

With Manjaro 21.0.7 XFCE cups daemon is not enabled with installation.
Printing is - I think - standart with every computer system.

Is it possible to enable cups background service with installation ?

just a minor thing @philm (EDIT wrong Mod was Fabby) - for those who are tl;dr the link to the RC in the first paragraph always points to a specific tag, correct would be Releases Ā· manjaro/release-review Ā· GitHub (always showing the newest release-review). Might cause unnecessary confusion and wrong error reports from the hasty :slight_smile: Thanks for all the work!

There are users who donā€™t want to install a printer. For the ones who do ā€¦
Just open a terminal and with a few commands you can configure your printer

sudo pacman -S --noconfirm manjaro-printer;sudo gpasswd -a your username sys
sudo systemctl enable cups.service;sudo systemctl enable cups.socket;sudo systemctl enable cups.path;sudo systemctl enable --now cups.service

Just type print in the menu and you can configure with midori

1 Like

In Manjaro 21.0.7 KDE cups service is enabled during installation.

1 Like

Like me ā€¦ I am glad that the minimal.iso is offered, where for me unnecessary stuff is not even installed. Please NEVER give up the minimal ISO! :pray:t2:

5 Likes

Hi team,

I made a fast short test of the live usb Manjaro KDE 21.1 minimal (202108151035). I received a notification error at the start of the desktop:

Matray ā†’ Error

ā€œError occured fetching news: cannot resolve hostnameā€

Note: I was not connected to the internet (offline).

Tomorrow I will do an installation for testing. :wink:

I have now the 21.1 rc for a while here running. matray I had to disable, however, because the had never updated after the 1.x, ie . the messages, which came immediately after the 1st start, then remained. For me worthless (am anyway constantly logged in here ā€¦)

But the normal iso is disabled by default,sure maybe you can disable it in the minimal iso by default but not on the normal iso.

I installed the minimal ISO. matray was easy to remove from the autostart.

I installed the ā€œmanjaro-kde-21.1-stable-staging-210815-linux513ā€ iso. I get eerror when installed packages.

ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpamac-snap.so.11 is not a symbolic link

ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpamac-flatpak.so.11 is not a symbolic link
pamac install gimp                                                                  ī‚² āœ” 
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

To install (19):
  babl              0.1.86-1        (Required By: gimp)  extra      315.1 kB
  libspiro          1:20200505-2    (Required By: gimp)  extra      17.2 kB
  libgexiv2         0.12.3-1        (Required By: gimp)  community  114.5 kB
  luajit            2.0.5-3         (Required By: gimp)  community  308.0 kB
  lensfun           0.3.95-4        (Required By: gimp)  extra      357.5 kB
  metis             5.1.0.p10-2     (Required By: gimp)  extra      170.7 kB
  blas              3.10.0-1        (Required By: gimp)  extra      128.8 kB
  lapack            3.10.0-1        (Required By: gimp)  extra      2.5 MB
  tbb               2020.3-1        (Required By: gimp)  extra      402.8 kB
  suitesparse       5.10.1-1        (Required By: gimp)  extra      1.1 MB
  gegl              0.4.30-6        (Required By: gimp)  extra      2.2 MB
  libmypaint        1.6.1-1         (Required By: gimp)  extra      237.2 kB
  libwmf            0.2.12-2        (Required By: gimp)  extra      1.9 MB
  mypaint-brushes1  1.3.1-1         (Required By: gimp)  extra      1.4 MB
  gtk2              2.24.33-2       (Required By: gimp)  extra      6.2 MB
  netpbm            10.73.36-1      (Required By: gimp)  extra      1.9 MB
  gts               0.7.6.121130-2  (Required By: gimp)  extra      216.0 kB
  graphviz          2.48.0-2        (Required By: gimp)  extra      4.0 MB
  gimp              2.10.24-6                            extra      21.0 MB

Total download size: 44.5 MB
Total installed size: 213.6 MB

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
Download of lensfun (0.3.95-4) started                                                              
Download of libspiro (1:20200505-2) started                                                         
Download of libspiro (1:20200505-2) finished                                                        
Download of babl (0.1.86-1) started                                                                 
Download of lensfun (0.3.95-4) finished                                                             
Download of babl (0.1.86-1) finished                                                                
Download of blas (3.10.0-1) started                                                                 
Download of tbb (2020.3-1) started                                                                  
Download of blas (3.10.0-1) finished                                                                
Download of tbb (2020.3-1) finished                                                                 
Download of libgexiv2 (0.12.3-1) started                                                            
Download of luajit (2.0.5-3) started                                                                
Download of luajit (2.0.5-3) finished                                                               
Download of libgexiv2 (0.12.3-1) finished                                                           
Download of metis (5.1.0.p10-2) started                                                             
Download of lapack (3.10.0-1) started                                                               
Download of metis (5.1.0.p10-2) finished                                                            
Download of suitesparse (5.10.1-1) started                                                          
Download of suitesparse (5.10.1-1) finished                                                         
Download of netpbm (10.73.36-1) started                                                             
Download of lapack (3.10.0-1) finished                                                              
Download of gts (0.7.6.121130-2) started                                                            
Download of gts (0.7.6.121130-2) finished                                                           
Download of gegl (0.4.30-6) started                                                                 
Download of netpbm (10.73.36-1) finished                                                            
Download of libwmf (0.2.12-2) started                                                               
Download of gegl (0.4.30-6) finished                                                                
Download of mypaint-brushes1 (1.3.1-1) started                                                      
Download of libwmf (0.2.12-2) finished                                                              
Download of mypaint-brushes1 (1.3.1-1) finished                                                     
Download of gtk2 (2.24.33-2) started                                                                
Download of libmypaint (1.6.1-1) started                                                            
Download of libmypaint (1.6.1-1) finished                                                           
Download of graphviz (2.48.0-2) started                                                             
Download of graphviz (2.48.0-2) finished                                                            
Download of gimp (2.10.24-6) started                                                                
Download of gtk2 (2.24.33-2) finished                                                               
Download of gimp (2.10.24-6) finished                                                               
Checking keyring...                                                                          [19/19]
Checking integrity...                                                                        [19/19]
Loading packages files...                                                                    [19/19]
Checking file conflicts...                                                                   [19/19]
Checking available disk space...                                                             [19/19]
Installing lensfun (0.3.95-4)...                                                              [1/19]
Installing libspiro (1:20200505-2)...                                                         [2/19]
Installing tbb (2020.3-1)...                                                                  [3/19]
Installing babl (0.1.86-1)...                                                                 [4/19]
Installing blas (3.10.0-1)...                                                                 [5/19]
Installing libgexiv2 (0.12.3-1)...                                                            [6/19]
Installing luajit (2.0.5-3)...                                                                [7/19]
Installing metis (5.1.0.p10-2)...                                                             [8/19]
Installing lapack (3.10.0-1)...                                                               [9/19]
Installing suitesparse (5.10.1-1)...                                                         [10/19]
Installing gegl (0.4.30-6)...                                                                [11/19]
Installing netpbm (10.73.36-1)...                                                            [12/19]
Installing gts (0.7.6.121130-2)...                                                           [13/19]
Installing libmypaint (1.6.1-1)...                                                           [14/19]
Installing libwmf (0.2.12-2)...                                                              [15/19]
Installing mypaint-brushes1 (1.3.1-1)...                                                     [16/19]
Installing gtk2 (2.24.33-2)...                                                               [17/19]
Installing graphviz (2.48.0-2)...                                                            [18/19]
Installing gimp (2.10.24-6)...                                                               [19/19]
ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpamac-snap.so.11 is not a symbolic link

ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpamac-flatpak.so.11 is not a symbolic link

Running post-transaction hooks...
Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...                                                                 [1/7]
Refreshing PackageKit...                                                                       [2/7]
Warn about old perl modules                                                                    [3/7]
Probing GDK-Pixbuf loader modules...                                                           [4/7]
Probing GTK2 input method modules...                                                           [5/7]
Updating icon theme caches...                                                                  [6/7]
Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...                                                   [7/7]
Transaction successfully finished.

Super minimal thingie pacman -Sy yay brings up the ā€œAUR detecetd ā€¦ blahā€ GTK dialog. Donā€™t click cancel, but OK and the next dialog has ā€œgtk_okā€ on the ok button. not even sure if thatā€™s a manjaro thing ā€¦
Screenshot from 2021-08-17 09-59-18Screenshot from 2021-08-17 09-59-32

GTK is :ok: :laughing:

You can submit an issue for Pamac here:

Issues Ā· Applications / pamac Ā· GitLab

Itā€™s easy for the developers to see and keep track of issues there.

EDIT: Might want to mention the yaourt bit, too. Thatā€™s long deprecated and insecure.

EDIT: Thatā€™s manjaro-aur-support, not Pamac. See Philā€™s response below.

ā€œJaja, double holds bettaā€ :slight_smile: Thanks for pointing that out, Iā€™ll try that. Good night :first_quarter_moon:
EDIT: Thanks for the hint. Will do as soon as I get rid of the 422 error logging in, something with my OTP. Tomorrow. yyaaaawwwnourt.

That dialog is not part of Pamac. I think @Ste74 introduced it as an additional helper called manjaro-aur-support to the Gnome edition.

1 Like

With those great news about choosing btrfs for swap, is it also available to choose btrfs for the whole system on calamares while performing a fresh install? Thanks for the great work!

I think that is actually the other way around. You can select BTRFS as file system, and it works with SWAP file.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Issues after update

What is matray used for ?