Manjaro 21.0 (rc1) Ornara released!

:rofl:

Where is the Architect CLI version?

Architect is available on every ISO.

No, we dropped Architect for now.

1 Like

So Architect is stopped at 20.0.3 and it will not update ever since?

Yeah!.. Proper graphical interfaces is the future for OS installation, and Calamares is great at that, to say the least. Good to have those little installer scripts for IT schools purpose thoughā€¦ Thanks for the information.

Meanwhile, donā€™t know if Iā€™m the unique one having this little problem, but Manjaroā€™s news website only today showed me this piece from 18/03. And it might not to be that my browser cache is full. I had access to it now on Google Chrome (well composed cache), but Firefox remained not showing it (nearly empty cache once I rarely use it).

Otherwise all is great with the upgrades, using Cinnamon at the moment.

Many thanks and have a nice day!

Thanks! Well I regard architect as a good one which provides me to diy all the DEs and apps.

Thatā€™s a pity, but I understand
:pensive:

Upgrade for KDE version is working fine. Did have glitch due to grub menu disappeared after the update containing the new grub version. This is a problem for me as my Asus Zenbook will not boot from the default grub entry except for about 1 in 6 attempts (black screen). This was explored in a thread on the old forum, but never fixed, so I have to use fallback, and no, I donā€™t have any other osā€™s installed. So after that update, I got a black screen and thought something had gone badly wrong until I checked into /etc/default/grub and found I needed to fix the line:

GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=menu

As a workaround you can edit the preset-file for your current kernel located in /etc/mkinitcpio.d/and only build the fallback images.

1 Like

Thanks, I guess that would work as long as the kernel wasnā€™t upgraded to a new version number at the same time as Grub. Does Manjaro not show the grub menu by default if no other OS is installed? Iā€™m not sure this is such a good idea if other users have the same problem as I do? They may just write off Manjaro and try something else. Also, why would a new version of grub alter my configuration in /etc/default/grub.

Some small advices:

1.Please set /etc/fonts/conf.d/64-language-selector-prefer.conf as here (SC before JP) if I set language as Simplified Chinese when installing, or Firefox will still set CJK JP as default.

1. Whatever I choose, opensource or proprietary drivers, it is always video-linux but no video-modesetting, why?

Which package provides that file? :slight_smile:

No, it is a new file. There is no /etc/fonts/conf.d/64-language-selector-prefer.conf by default.