Manjaro 20.2 Nibia got released

Plasma version has issues reported in many threads… Seems to be a KDE problem not a Manjaro one. Waiting for a permanent fix…

Probably at the same time with supporting esp on /boot. I thought calamares could already do that, but to my surprise discovered that this is not the case. It’s now on my to do list:

• better btrfs subvolume structure
  • support systemd timers in iso-profile
  • support alternative mount points for the esp partition
5 Likes

Thanks the Manjaro Team for the release of Manjaro 20.2 Nibia final version. :+1:

I will install Manjaro Gnome on an hardware with 2Gb of ram (hybrid PC/tablet). Is there a way to uninstall evolution-data-server without removing the gnome calendar ? As I will install that version on an Emmc disk, I will not create a swap partition (to avoid to reduce the life of this “disk”). Chrysostomus talked about a swapfile. Is there a risk to use a swapfile on an Emmc disk ? if not, how to make this swapfile ? Is Trim can be used on an Emmc disk ?

Thanks.

1 Like

No, as you probably noticed gnome-calendar depends on evolution-data-server.

Congratulations all - I’m running Gnome with the Pop-shell and it’s buttery smooth on not-so-new hardware. A big positive release.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Manjaro 20.2 doesn’t start on Tuxedo Laptop

My Intel wifi is barely working booting on this iso. I get just a few Mbit up/down
Booting on the older 20.1.2 iso i get 160Mbit up/down

Device-2: Intel Wireless 8265 / 8275 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel port: f040 bus ID: 02:00.0 chip ID: 8086:24fd

do people normally reinstall manjaro every new releases?

hmm I usually only reinstall when disaster happened, but every reinstall there is usually new applications introduced. If not because reinstalling I would never know about gamemode and dynamic wallpaper for gnome (which is pretty cool)

I wonder if reinstalling is normal thing.

No you don’t need to reinstall anything with a new release… you can explore our app list here ( for gnome )

or install bmenu from our repo and run in a terminal
bmenu and type 9
or run releasecompare
3 Likes
sudo pacman -Rdd evolution-data-server

But

1. The calendar probably won’t work without it
  2. Next update will automatically install evolution-data-server back

Just adding your info to this thread :wink:

Sound is getting muted everytime I restart my machine…gnome…fresh install 20.2

Dumb question. What is the difference with this vs. stable branch?

It is just a re-imageing of the iso for use as fresh install for people to install for first time.
That install will be at same stage as those that keep their system upgraded from previous versions.
In other words its just a snapshot of the stable branch at time of creation of the iso.
(If i’m wrong feel free to correct me)

1 Like

Due to an issue with user-manager package we had to rebuild all KDE ISOs. A script to fix installs with 201203 ISOs will come later.

1 Like

I’ve got the same version of Plasma (5.20.4) on my other computer (also Manjaro) and there are no issues there. The only difference is that I upgraded the system there while on my laptop (where I have issues) I installed it fresh - so my guess is it has to do something with the current Manjaro edition. Plasma is basically unusable: not only is it laggy, but some items cannot be selected, some applications cannot be added to favourites in Application Dashboard, and sometimes windows freeze and I have to force-close them. Plasma also seems to overload the system as the fans are often working excessively even when there are no serious processes running (and KSysguard shows Plasma taking up resources).

Thanks for the iso with Linux LTS Kernel :smiley:

@pawelx @Yupy @TechXero

The culprit has been found.

To immediately fix any affected install see related issues/solutions like this:

I tried Manjaro Gnome 20.2 Nibia and it works well under Wayland. Now with the final version, I can use Libreoffice-fresh with Wayland without problems. I encountered a system freeze yesterday, but otherwise there is no problem. I will try that version on my 2-in1 pc in the next days to see how it works (note: I have two laptops).

Once again, thanks for your work.

Note: If Gnome-layout-switcher and Manjaro-application-utility would be translated, it will be great.

The script has helped. Thanks!