Making Manjaro The Flagship MATE Distro

Hi there,

I created a customized version of the Manjaro MATE ISO.

The key features are mainly

You can read the complete Announcement on this website

https://freaxmate.github.io/posts/manjaro-mate/

If you want to download the ISO go to the website or visit my Github repository

@Ste74 If you want I could help integrating this in the mainline MATE edition and help maintaining the MATE edition.

If you experience any error or have any suggestions, feel free to tell me here!

1 Like

Hey @Mickey, why not, i try your spin for test… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

FYI, @oberon has actually been maintaining all the community editions lately. We have a GitHub CI setup:

1 Like

Nice! Thank you :blush:

Ah, thanks for letting me know, I did not know this. I actually thought @Ste74 still maintains the MATE Edition because he temporarily used my mate-tweak pull request as a patch to make mate-tweak work for Manjaro.
This PR was not merged and the issue was allegedly fixed in 20.10.0 :smirk: which is not true, it is still broken.

Hi again,

I would be very grateful if at least the Ayatana Indicators could get integrated because they make the MATE desktop so much more usable. To attract more users (and Developers) a more polished Manjaro MATE Edition could really help. As I said I am willing to help integrating this changes and help maintaining the MATE Edition as well.

Good news! Arch just added libayatana-appindicator to their community repo. It’s currently available in the Manjaro unstable branch.

1 Like