“Limited Connectivity”, internet problems

After attempting to clone my drives through clonezilla, I noticed a pretty notable issue the next time I booted up Manjaro Linux. My computer is incapable of connecting to the internet. It picks up signal from my wifi, hotspot, and detects the Lan cable. It’s able to “connect” to the network but it’s like nothing actually goes through. If I use Timeshift to go to an early save the internet goes back to normal and works fine. Again the issues started more or less when I was cloning my drives. Maybe an issue with Firewall?? Idk

I can’t use the Timeshift save because it’s too old, so I need to fix the issue. I’m pretty green when it comes to Manjaro and Linux so if there’s anything technical you might want to see in order to solve this issue your going to need to be specific. Thanks in advance.

By default, Manjaro doesn’t provide a firewall, so if you set it up incorrectly, you must give more details.

Do you receive an IP address from your router? My guess is that you set up or received a non-working DNS.

1 Like

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and press the three dots below your post and press the :pencil2: to give us more information so we can see what’s really going on.
    Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:
  2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

:+1:

P.S. If you want to notify me that you did provide this information, please :heart: this message and I’ll come back and have another look.