laptop problems

I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express & Joneco didn’t fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people

Hi @udinov, and welcome!

I hate to break it to you, but it does sounds like a hardware issue. To be safe check for errors. In the terminal, run:

journalctl --priority=warning..err

The --priority= argument will limit the output to only be warnings and errors.

Also, please provide the full output of:

inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width

:bangbang: Tip: :bangbang:

When posting terminal output, copy the output and paste it here, wrapped in three (3) backticks, before AND after the pasted text. Like this:

```
pasted text
```

Or three (3) tilde signs, like this:

~~~
pasted text
~~~

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Sed
sollicitudin dolor
eget nisl elit id
condimentum
arcu erat varius
cursus sem quis eros.

Instead of like this:

Sed sollicitudin dolor eget nisl elit id condimentum arcu erat varius cursus sem quis eros.

Alternatively, paste the text you wish to format as terminal output, select all pasted text, and click the </> button on the taskbar. This will indent the whole pasted section with one TAB, causing it to render the same way as described above.

Thereby increasing legibility thus making it easier for those trying to provide assistance.

For more information, please see:

:bangbang::bangbang: Additionally

If your language isn’t English, please prepend any and all terminal commands with LC_ALL=C. For example:

LC_ALL=C bluetoothctl

This will just cause the terminal output to be in English, making it easier to understand and debug.

1 Like

Do you have a monitor you could connect? That might help to see if it’s an issue with the laptop display (usually the cable which connects the display to the motherboard).

Assuming - the system is Lenovo - you should check lenovo.com/support

If you would like further interaction with members of this forum - please provide - info as requested as a bare minimum

inxi -Fxxxc0 | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io

The response of the command will be a link - please provide it for reference - inside a codefence

Sample link

```
http://ix.io/blob
```

It is most likely a configuration issue - but no one can comment on such a broad question - completely impossible.

ehmmm… i dont know what and how to do what ur saying…

I think I gave pretty clear instructions, and you are the first person to not know, so I don’t think it’s the instructions. I’m not calling you stupid, but the fact is that I don’t think the tip is confusing. All I can possibly add is that those commands need to be run in a terminal emulator.

Ehh youre talking to a non technical person like someone who knows basic basic DUH

I typed the instructions for the non-technical people. So it’s not full os tech-jargon and pretty clear. So I repeat myself:

My laptop has been reformatted by the store I bought it but I still experience the blackout browser and screen. They don’t seem to want to replace it with a new laptop. Idk whats the problem and how to fix it i thought it can be fix with reformat so what to do now if thats the case is it as good as trash?

If it somehow is a software problem then you dont seem to be the right person to diagnose and fix that problem. We cant even get you to give us simple system information.

If it doesnt matter what state the machine is in or what system it is running - the display ‘blacks out’ … it has nothing to do with software. The machine is defective.

My laptop

Brand, model, you know we need to more info

has been reformatted by the store I bought it

You mean they reinstalled Manjaro? Surely they could help you out, no?

but I still experience the blackout browser and screen.

Again, more info is need, logs, errors, something…

They don’t seem to want to replace it with a new laptop. Idk whats the problem and how to fix it i thought it can be fix with reformat so what to do now if thats the case is it as good as trash?

We also don’t know what the problem is or how to fix it because you haven’t provided any information for us to work with.

The other volunteers here have requested you provide some info, and you haven’t. If you don’t know what a terminal is or how to paste the commands into it to get the info then you really really need to find a friend to help you, or take a basic computing course, or read some online tutorials.