KDE could not find theme after update

Hi,
After an update an hour a go my system does not launch kde correctly . With error:
The current theme cannot be loaded due to …

file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breath2/main.qml26:1 plugin cannot be loaded for module “org.kde.plasma.core”: Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/plasma/core/libcorebingingsplugin.so: (/usr/lib//ibKF5KIOcore.so.5 undefined symbol: _ZN4KJob14percentChangedEPS_mNS_14QPrivateSignalE)

You can see error on picture.

Help would be appreciate :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like

So, you rebooted the system and got that?
Could you please try this and let us know if the issue persists? Replace Breath2 with Breeze

1 Like

Unfortunately the file does not exist even elsewhere on the disk
:fearful:

Ok, lets try to fix that. From TTY you run as your user:
sudo pacman -S sddm sddm-kcm breeze
and then try to run:
sudo touch /etc/sddm.conf.d/kde_settings.conf
and then edit it
/etc/sddm.conf.d/kde_settings.conf
and try to append this lines into it.

[Autologin]
Relogin=false
Session=
User=

[General]
HaltCommand=/usr/bin/systemctl poweroff
Numlock=none
RebootCommand=/usr/bin/systemctl reboot

[Theme]
Current=Breeze
CursorTheme=Breeze

[Users]
MaximumUid=60000
MinimumUid=1000

Sorry i can’t make this easier. Once you have done this, reboot with
systemctl reboot

All should be back to normal, hopefully.

1 Like

No,
Note:
I am using btrfs over luks and I’ve already had corrupt file system. As This is my main system I am going to backup to usb and re-install it.

Thanks for help

I am having the same issue, started a few hours ago after an update.

Trying @bogdancovaciu fix got rid of my the error on the SDDM login screen, but when I login I am just getting a black screen and a cursor. This was also happening before the SDDM changes and only started occurring after the update.

I can manually run GTK apps and the manjaro-settings-manager by starting them from another TTY and exporting DISPLAY to be “:0”, but any KDE/Plasma applications fail with the same error, below is the error when I try to run Dolphin:

dolphin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libKF5KIOCore.so.5: undefined symbol: _ZN4KJob14percentChangedEPS_mNS_14QPrivateSignalE

That is kio package related, or kio didn’t updated/loaded properly. As for the black screen can be also due to a widget you installed from Store or AUR and is not working fine with the new frameworks and need to be removed and then reinstalled, or you have video driver issue …

1 Like

After last update, my sddm is ok but when I login there’s no kde taskbar and the screen is black (there’s just firefox window open) anything I can do?
Many thanks.

I’m currently testing Manjaro 21.0 Ornara which doesn’t have those issues. Strange …

Which kio package is installed?

pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libKF5KIOCore.so.5
/usr/lib/libKF5KIOCore.so.5 is owned by kio 5.80.1-1

1 Like

VirtualBox_Manjaro_19_03_2021_09_32_31 VirtualBox_Manjaro_19_03_2021_09_35_32

So far I see no issues with 21.0 …

Normally KIO 5.80.1 should fix it. As an alternative you can also do:

wget https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/k/kio/kio-5.79.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
sudo pacman -U kio-5.79.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

1 Like
1 Like

After doing a fresh install update all. I don’t have any issue.
I have /usr/lib/libKF5KIOCore.so.5 appartient à kio 5.80.1-1
Note on previous install I had SDK KDE

I managed to fix my system. I not sure when or how it happened, but it looks like a few of my KDE packages switched over to the community version (i.e. end in -git) from the extras versions. It might of happened when I installed neochat.

Most of the system was using the extras versions, but I had the following installed:
kcoreaddons-git kdbusaddons-git kwindowsystem-git kcodecs-git kconfig-git kirigami2-git kquickimageeditor-git knotifications-git ki18n-git

Reinstalling the extras versions fixed my issues, i.e. running

pacman -S kcoreaddons kdbusaddons kwindowsystem kcodecs kconfig kirigami2 kquickimageeditor knotifications ki18n

and accepting the replacement of the conflicting packages.

8 Likes

If anyone else can confirm the following solves the issue:

then we can put it in the solution section of the wiki.

:+1:

If you installed neochat-git that would explain it. That pulls in some -git dependencies, which would try to replace some of your system with git packages.

1 Like

Yeah it was neochat-git, I removed it before making the other changes.

2 Likes

You fixed my system and made my day!

1 Like

I still have the problem, looking into Xorg log, there’s a message:
Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch

My laptop has no nvidia card, it is just intel core i3