Issues with WiFi Speed on manjaro-kde (Realtek 8821CE & TP-Link TL-WN822N)

Hello,

I recently installed manjaro-kde-23.0.2-230919-linux65.iso and am encountering issues with my WiFi speed and frequency. Specifically, I have the Realtek 8821CE card and also tested with a TP-Link TL-WN822N WiFi dongle. The speed and frequency performance on both devices isn’t as expected, especially when compared to their performance on Windows.

When I connect using an Ethernet cable, I achieve speeds of around 2 MB/s. However, with WiFi—even when I am directly in front of the router—the speed drops to approximately 1 MB/s.

Can anyone provide guidance or solutions to address this issue? I appreciate any insights or suggestions.

Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:
Please read this thread on how to supply information and edit your first post with the required info so users can have data to give you the best advice:

Output of inxi -v7azy would be a good start.

It would help others give advice if you describe with what you measure (site/download/tool) and what you measure against.

If dual booting windows: disable fast boot.
Searching with your favorite search engine for your network card & Linux & performance would be a good start.