Issues on Manjaro Gnome Installation

Hello!
I’ve an issue while installing the latest version of Manjaro Gnome.
At the end of the installation process i reboot the machine as requested and, after restarting the machine and finishing the first settings, i have 0 icons on my desktop, no doc, and the research bar doesn’t show up if i press the windows button.
How can i fix ?

Hi,
Maybe launch ‘layout’ and reload desktop

How can i do it? i can’t open the terminal

Does either Win+A (show all apps), or Ctrl+Alt+T (open terminal) work for you?

Nope, nothing works.

What about Win+S (overview)?

Can you get into a tty Ctrl+Alt+F3 (you can try different F-Keys…)?

Nothing works, if i press f10 it opens the Gnome menu but nothing else.

If you could give me/us a bit more information than ‘nothing works’, we might be able to help you.
Is the rest of your keyboard unresponsiv? Otherwise you could open a built-in linux ‘terminal’ by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F3/F4/F5 and configure a autostart file for the gnome-terminal - I’d be glad to show you how :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If it’s the 1st boot after install, looks like the mandatory Gnome post-install, when you create the user account, is hidden or doesn’t launch.

I’m sorry, this is my first time writing on a forum.

Actually if i press ctrl+alt+f3 it opens the terminal, now what can i do?
thank you so much for your help!

Well the new user window is present, but after i create the new user and turning off the machine, at the restart it ask me again to create the account (like if it was the first boot).

But after you create the user, you can use your desktop normally, reboot some time later and then get again the user creation process?

Or do you create the user then reboot immediately before launching once the desktop?

I create the user and then there are no icons on the desktop and i can’t summon the finder.
I can just open the status menu and open the built in linux terminal.

Edit: everytime i reboot i have the user creation process.

Do you get the Gnome tour? I guess if not, your user creation is somewhat incomplete, and the process resets itself if you reboot.

If you have access to the terminal, give a try and type manjaro-gnome-tour

Nope, i don’t get any tour :frowning:

Try the command above once you create your user, to see if it launches.

Yeah, if i digit ctrl+F3 it launches the linux console which asks me a login, but if i enter my credentials, the console deny me the access with the message “incorrect login”.

Wild guess, manjaro / manjaro ?

But could you explain exactly what happens just after you validate the user creation? Nothing happens, a window pop ups,…?

I tried manjaro/manjaro but i saw no response, but i can retry another time.

After the user creation nothing happens, only the empty desktop (without the doc), the status bar (where you can check the battery) are visible.